Introduction and Park?

  • aubreycarey27
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
      Hi! I am a new homeschooler, my children are 8,5 and 20 months. Just made the final decision Saturday to try homeschooling, rather than send my daughter back to school. this was after trying it out for a few months over the summer and much thought and prayer.
      I have seen a group of women at Odell Weeks on Thursdays, and thought maybe it was a homeschooling group?;)
      I would love to join you, although I'm not sure how much sitting and taking I can do with my very active 20 month old.
      My husband is not sure about homeschooling, and his family ( all of whom work for or have worked for Aiken County Public Schools;) thinks I'm crazy;)
      So I need support and advice, encouragement..
      Plus my 8 year old daughter told me she "will try it if she can have friends like at school".
    • kiloyd
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
        Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you.

        My husband was also not on board, he agreed to one year at a time. So that is what we've done with each child. My older two are in public now and I'll be hsing my 1st grader.

        Katherine

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013

          We plan to come to park Lord Willing and the Creek don't Rise. Been one of those weeks :/ Ill also have my 9 yr old nephew who I have Thursdays. My Hubby is the same way, glad to hear im not in boat by myself lol! So yes its 1 year at a time. Makes me more determined and working harder for it to work. Question tho...Ive heard a lot of people say older kids are in public? Is it b/c its harder? Im really hoping to keep my daughter in it forever. But older grades to make me nervous. But I know...1 yr at a time :) I keep reminding myself!

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
            Hi,
            I homeschool my 13 yr old now! Not easy, but we are going to take it one year at a time. Right now, he doesn't want to go to public school, but who knows about the future. I say, "don't stress about". It will make it easier for you and your kids if you just wait and see how it goes. Hope to meet you soon.
            Mary

            Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
                Hello!  I've been on the list for awhile, but not very talkative.  I have Fibromyalgia which makes life interesting to say the least.  Add to that 4 kids and you get a whole case of crazy.  :)  My eldest finished her high school with online high school.  Although I am sure it works well for others, it was not the greatest for us.  Then I have 2 in 7th grade and one in 6th grade -- all of whom are homeschooled.  We plan on homeschooling through high school.  Besides being concerned about some subjects -- math and science, we worry about social skills.  We are looking forward to getting out to the park more this year.

                Now, it maybe less daunting to me because I taught middle and high school for 12 years.

                Bonnie Boucek
                drkkali@...

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
                  I could probably speak for a few saying we cant wait to hear how high school is going for you. We also have a couple moms with Fibromyalgia. We understand not seeing you every week. Cant wait to meet you. teresa

                  -----Original Message-----From: Toni Cato-Steger <aunttonis@...>To: HSinA <HSinA@yahoogroups.com>; kiloyd <kiloyd@...>Sent: Wed, Aug 7, 2013 10:56 amSubject: Re: [HSinA] Introduction and Park?

                  From: kiloyd@... <kiloyd@...>; To: HSinA@yahoogroups.com <HSinA@yahoogroups.com>; Subject: Re: [HSinA] Introduction and Park? Sent: Wed, Aug 7, 2013 1:57:41 PM