soccer

  • Allison LaBorde
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 7:00 AM
      I just posted this on the Facebook site, sorry for the double post.  I am never sure how many people use both.  Anyway, I wanted to get this information out in case it interests any of you.

      There is a soccer club called the GA/SC Bulls, which covers the CSRA.  Lately they have left Aiken to concentrate on Augusta, but they are going to try to put together some Aiken teams (U-8 to U-12) and hold all of their practices in Aiken.  If there is not enough interest they won't do it.  If there is enough interest this year then it will probably grow in the next years.  Anyway, I am underwhelmed with rec. soccer and would love to have this program exist for my soccer kids.  So, if you have kids who like soccer and you would be interested in the next level...  please come to tryouts May 21 and May 23 at Citizens Park.  You have to register- but it's free.  I think the age group they're looking for is 6 1/2 - 11 or so.
       https://bulls-soccer-club.korrio.com/groups/academy-evaluations-u8-u12-aiken-citizens-park/
    • Allison LaBorde
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 7:02 AM
        Also, I don't think that you have to be a super super player to do this.  And it will teach your child great skills even if they just go back to playing rec. after a year or two.