Re: [HSinA] Help for Sarah

  • Stephanie Dunatov
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 20, 2012
      Paula--

      We'd be happy to help with a few freezer-friendly meals. I'll send you an email...

      Stephanie

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 20, 2012
        Thank you so much, Jackee! I am not yet sure what Sarah's plans are for tomorrow, but I will certainly let you know where to drop them. I am more than happy to take them there, but I hate to send you out of your way either. I will keep you updated.

        Her husband's name is Brett, btw. And he is currently in the ICU at MCG.

        Again, thank you for all of your support

        Paula.

        ps... So sorry to hear you have a sick little man

      • Jackee Simmons
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 20, 2012
          Paula:

          Thank  you so very much for doing this for Sarah.  I was wondering if she had family in the area or anything.  It is difficult to go through things like this without the benefit of family.   But thankfully, you are able to help us all be her "family" during her time of need.  I cannot tell you how many times folks have listened to my little junk on Thursdays and hugged me and helped me on my way.  As well, not having family here, it meant the world to me that our little group touched my family in Oregon when my sister passed.  Our little group has meant the world to me at times.  And I'm thankful to be a part of such a wonderful loving group of women that truly show compassion for each other.

          We should be "germ proof" in a day or two and I am more than happy to do whatever I can.  I think Sarah said she's off Pinelog, as I am.  I think we aren't far from one another.  Breakfast casseroles are freezer friendly and heat in pieces.  I can do whatever you think best with them.  If you are headed there, I can get them to you. If not, I can drop by at a convenient time.

          As well, I called MCG today and they do not have a cafeteria open on the weekend.  Some hospitals do what are called "meal tickets" where you can purchase tickets for the family so they can get something if needed.  I'll check back into that on Monday and get tickets for her family if they are available.

          Also, next week when everyone is feeling better, I'd love to go to MCG (we are in Augusta Mon. and Tues. anyway) to keep her company.  I can bring games and such.  What do you think?

          Sincerely,

          Jackee

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 20, 2012
            Jackee...

            I am also extemely grateful for the group of friends we have and know I can certainly count on any one of these ladies to help in a time of need.

            Neither Sarah, nor Brett have family in the area, but his parents are heading out tomorrow morning to be here. I think they live in Ohio, so it will be a significant journey for them.

            The breakfast casseroles sound wonderful. The kids are all staying at my house tonight, as Sarah is going to stay with Brett overnight. I'm really not sure when she will returm for them tomorrow. I guess the best idea would be to bring the casseroles here, as shr will have to come here to get the kids, but there will be nobody at her place.

            We (her friend Janine and I) have been checking on her all day to be sure she's eating. I think the meal ticket idea is a wonderful idea. I had also thought of gift cards for food in the vicinity of MCG.

            Monday, Brett has surgery, so I am sure that she would really appreciate the support/ company

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 20, 2012
              I have church at Cedar Creek in the AM.  I could drop casseroles off then if you like.  If that works for you can you text your address to 509-554-8034?  I know you're by Bethany, but not sure where.  Cedar Creek is right down the road so I can drop on my way there.  It's awesome that his family is coming.

              --- In mailto:HSinA%40yahoogroups.com, Jackee Simmons <rob_and_jackee_simmons@...> wrote:

              > Paula:
              >
              > Thank  you so very much for doing this for Sarah.  I was wondering if she had family in the area or anything.  It is difficult to go through things like this without the benefit of family.   But thankfully, you are able to help us all be her "family" during her time of need.  I cannot tell you how many times folks have listened to my little junk on Thursdays and hugged me and helped me on my way.  As well, not having family here, it meant the world to me that our little group touched my family in Oregon when my sister passed.  Our little group has meant the world to me at times.  And I'm thankful to be a part of such a wonderful loving group of women that truly show compassion for each other.
              >
              > We should be "germ proof" in a day or two and I am more than happy to do whatever I can.  I think Sarah said she's off Pinelog, as I am.  I think we aren't far from one another.  Breakfast casseroles are freezer friendly and heat in pieces.  I can do whatever you think best with them.  If you are headed there, I can get them to you. If not, I can drop by at a convenient time.
              >
              > As well, I called MCG today and they do not have a cafeteria open on the weekend.  Some hospitals do what are called "meal tickets" where you can purchase tickets for the family so they can get something if needed.  I'll check back into that on Monday and get tickets for her family if they are available.
              >
              > Also, next week when everyone is feeling better, I'd love to go to MCG (we are in Augusta Mon. and Tues. anyway) to keep her company.  I can bring games and such.  What do you think?
              >
              > Sincerely,
              >
              > Jackee

            • shelley fettinger
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 20, 2012
                Paula,
                I sent you a private FB message with my phone number.  Please let me know what I can do and if our church can help in any way.
                Thanks,
                Shelley