au pair

  • Natasha Karmiol
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2012
    Hello everyone,

    If any of you might be interested in having an au pair stay with your family over the summer, please let me know.  I am in communication with a French college student named Pauline who would like to come to the US for about 2-3 months to work for a family with young children, practice English, and experience the American culture.  She is experienced in childcare and has provided a letter of interest below along with two letters of recommendation which are also attached.

    This could be an incredible opportunity to have quality and affordable childcare for the summer.  And, it could be really fun for the whole family to introduce an eager visitor to South Carolina living while simultaneously learning about the French culture.

    Please email me if you or someone you know could benefit from an au pair!

    Thank you!
    Lane

    Dear American family,

    My name is Pauline CETIER, and I am 18-years-old French college student studying management and economics.  My hobbies are sports, movies, and of course traveling and discovering new cultures!

    I look to spend this summer (July and August) in the USA to improve my English.  In order for me to study abroad during my third year of university in France, I must pass the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).  Furthermore, I love America, and I was lucky to visit with my family in New York one weeks in November 2011.  I would be delighted to discover a new region of the United States, in a American family.

    Finally I have chosen to offer my services as an au pair because I love children and I have a good rapport with them.  I have kept several children in France, so this would not be my first experience.  I have a steady character, and I know to show calm, patience and I am resourceful.

    I propose you my services as an au pair.  I can work 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, for a fee of $50 per week.  Also I would like the family offers half the price of my plane ticket, I can take care of the rest.

    I have included two recommendations from previous employers.

    Thank you,
    Pauline CETIER

  • Chris McKeel