hey

  • Sarah Howdyshell
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 23, 2012

      Hello everyone. I don't know if this is appropriate, and if it's not, I am so sorry. But I thought I'd ask you guy's first. I have a whole bunch of cloth diapers that I am looking to sell if anyone is interested. I have about 60 plus, all of them come with two pads, and extra elastic. I just can't do it anymore w/ 4 kids!! I wish I could, I guess I'm just getting lazy. I also have a bunk bed that I need to sell. It's to big for my daughters room. It's only 3 months old. It has a dresser and a desk attached to it. Let me know if any of you are interested, or if you know of anyone. Once again, I hope this wasn't inappropriate to post on the group. If I'm out of line, I'm extremely sorry!
      -Sarah
      803-644-3211
      Recent Activity:
      .

    • cjstew129
      Message 2 of 30 , Feb 23, 2012
        I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think it's fine. Can you give me a little more info about the bunk bed? ie: color, cost, etc.  Thanks!

          Message 4 of 30 , Feb 23, 2012
            You could always just cloth part time. Or wait a bit in case I might need them. ;)

            Katherine

            Message 5 of 30 , Feb 29, 2012
              We haven't been to Hitchcock Woods yet. Anyone want to go Friday at 1:30, weather permitting? It might rain that morning.

              And I'll have my 10 yr old son too, for anyone with older boys that might want to come.

              Katherine, Kara, and Amanda

            • Sarah Howdyshell
              Message 6 of 30 , Feb 29, 2012
                what is hitchcock woods? Sounds fun...
                Sarah

                Message 7 of 30 , Feb 29, 2012
                  Sounds like fun. Hitchcock Woods is the forest in the middle of Aiken. I actually used to work for the Hitchcock Woods Foundation. Which entrance did you have in mind? The one downtown next to the museum?
                  Carol

                  Message 8 of 30 , Feb 29, 2012
                    I have never been, I have to Googlemap and find the entrances.  I just love hiking and don't do it that much because I won't go without another adult for safety.

                    We can go anytime, I suggested 1:30 so we'd have time to have lunch and not hurry to get there. Plus it's supposed to rain in the morning.

                    Katherine

                    Sounds like fun. Hitchcock Woods is the forest in the middle of Aiken. I actually used to work for the Hitchcock Woods Foundation. Which entrance did you have in mind? The one downtown next to the museum?
                    Carol

                    We haven't been to Hitchcock Woods yet. Anyone want to go Friday at 1:30, weather permitting? It might rain that morning.

                    And I'll have my 10 yr old son too, for anyone with older boys that might want to come.

                    Katherine, Kara, and Amanda

                  • Linda Smith
                    Message 9 of 30 , Feb 29, 2012
                      Do you ever go geocaching? There are several caches hidden in Hitchcock Woods that you could pick up while you're in there. We love the Sand River one. ;) geocaching.com has them. The one at Sand River is called Up Sand Creek. The one at the Chalk Cliffs is neat too... it's called The Cliffs of Cache. Just a thought if you're going out there anyways. ;)

                      Linda

                      To: HSinA@yahoogroups.com
                      From: kiloyd@...
                      Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:54:12 -0800

                      Message 10 of 30 , Feb 29, 2012
                        Thank you! We've been letterboxing before but have not tried geocaching. Will look it up.

                        Katherine

                        To: HSinA@yahoogroups.com
                        From: kiloyd@...
                        Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:54:12 -0800

                        Message 11 of 30 , Mar 1, 2012
                          Well, my husband told me last night that he has this Friday off and that he wanted to do something with the kids. Hitchcock Woods is not his idea of fun. :( Can we have a rain check?  We don't have to wait this long, but I looked up the Hitchcock Woods website and the Aiken Horse Show in the Woods in the weekend of March 30-April 1. There's no charge if you walk in. We could do some hiking and stop by the show and watch for a while. I think Friday is the children's portion of the show and, if I remember correctly, there's a costume parade around noon. It would be fun for the kids ... they would just need to understand not to run around the horses. :)  The website is www.hitchcockwoods.org if you want to look it up.

                          I also put the Festival of the Woods on our calendar. It's an annual event that focuses on the stewardship of the woods. This year it's on Saturday, September 29, and they will have guided tours, exhibits, family events, etc. (free admission).

                          I love Hitchcock Woods and, although I know it's safe and there has never been any issues, I really don't want to go in by myself with the kids. I'd love to have someone to walk/hike with.

                          Carol

                          To: HSinA@yahoogroups.com
                          From: kiloyd@...
                          Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:54:12 -0800

                          Message 12 of 30 , Mar 1, 2012
                            Yes! I love horses! I'm going to look up that show! thanks! :)

                            I'm with you. It should be okay with just my children and me, but I will not let myself go hiking without another adult. Even though I often really want to!

                            Anyone else want to go? If not, I'll look at next week and pick a day. Will just have to go earlier.

                            Katherine

                            To: HSinA@yahoogroups.com
                            From: kiloyd@...
                            Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:54:12 -0800

                            I have never been, I have to Googlemap and find the entrances.  I just love hiking and don't do it that much because I won't go without another adult for safety.

                            We can go anytime, I suggested 1:30 so we'd have time to have lunch and not hurry to get there. Plus it's supposed to rain in the morning.

                            Katherine

                            Sounds like fun. Hitchcock Woods is the forest in the middle of Aiken. I actually used to work for the Hitchcock Woods Foundation. Which entrance did you have in mind? The one downtown next to the museum?
                            Carol

                            We haven't been to Hitchcock Woods yet. Anyone want to go Friday at 1:30, weather permitting? It might rain that morning.

                            And I'll have my 10 yr old son too, for anyone with older boys that might want to come.

                            Katherine, Kara, and Amanda

                          • Krystal
                            Message 13 of 30 , Mar 3, 2012
                              Katherine,

                              I'd love to take the kids and go hiking in Hitchcock Woods. We've been here almost four years and haven't gone yet. My parents are visiting until Tuesday so if another day is scheduled I'd love to join you and anyone else who wants to go!!

                              Krystal
                            • kiloyd@yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 30 , Mar 3, 2012
                                Why don't we watch the weather and try for Wed at about 11am?

                                Message 15 of 30 , Mar 5, 2012
                                  Please count me in as well. Which entrance? I know that South Boundary has plenty of parking.

                                  Carol

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Mar 6, 2012
                                    I hate to do this, but won't be able to go into Hitchcock Woods tomorrow. I twisted wrong yesterday and my lower back muscles have gone into spasms. I'm hanging out at the house on muscle relaxers for the next couple of days. I'll make a hike soon!

                                    Carol

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Mar 6, 2012
                                      Ooh, I had a hurt back last month. Feel better soon.

                                      I realized that my son has early release Wed. So I'd have to go earlier or after 1:00. How about Friday at 12:30? If you are feeling better.

                                      Does anyone else want to meet Friday?

                                      Katherine

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Mar 6, 2012
                                          okay, let me know.

                                          Now, where is an entrance and parking?

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Mar 6, 2012
                                            South Boundary s probably the best. Google 444 South Boundary. That's the Foundation office; it sits right at the entrance and they have a big parking lot.  That's also the entrance to "Devil's Backbone" and "Sand River" - I think I saw both of those places mentioned as geocache sites.

                                            We will try to make it, but I won't know until Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. My back was feeling a little better, so I got up and cleaned the kitchen. WRONG MOVE!  Looking forward to hubby coming home so I can take pain meds and lay down.

                                            Message 21 of 30 , Mar 8, 2012
                                              There is a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. I will wait and see what the weather is doing in the morning.

                                              Let's  meet at 12:30 if it's not raining. Shall we decide by 11:00?

                                              Allison, where is the entrance you told me about?

                                              Katherine
                                            • Sarah Howdyshell
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Mar 22, 2012
                                                we are going to be going to the new mcd's around 12:15-12:30 ish. Anyone else going?
                                                -sarah
                                              • kiloyd@yahoo.com
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Mar 22, 2012
                                                  We're going to chance it and go to the park.

                                                  Katherine

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Mar 22, 2012
                                                    brave!!!!!