Re: [HSinA] Membership in HSinA

  • Allison LaBorde
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
      Glad to meet you (virtually, at least).   My name is Allison and I have two girls around your son's age.  Also two younger boys.  I wasn't sure from reading your post if you were clear on this, but we are NOT an accountability group.  Joining our playgroup will not make you legal.  You probably already have an acct. group or are doing the second option through SCAIHS if you homeschooled last year.  We are more or less a playgroup with an email group too.  There are people on here who don't come on Thursdays much or ever, but the Thursday playgroup is the reason for this yahoo group.  We don't have a board, president, or anything like that, so all field trips are just planned by individuals who want to share them with the group.  No requirements, regulations, fees, or applications.

      There is another group that some of our members are in which is more formally organized.  I can't remember the name of it.  They are a Christian group and you must sign a statement of faith.  We are an all inclusive, though mostly Christian, group.  I hope to meet you and hope that clarifies things.

      ~Allison

      Hi, my name is Jamie and I have an 8 year old going into third grade. We took him out in Feb. of last year and although I'm getting there, I still am far from knowing what to do about a few things. I also have been looking for a HomeSchool group that fits my family. This group seems to be a good fit so far. I was wondering if there is an application to fill out and/or a fee. We would like to find out more about your group. I'd love to find out as much as possible. Thanks so much.
      Jamie
      (jamlinrich@...)
      (803)648-9866

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
        Thanks Allison, well said!

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
          Thanks Allison. I pretty much knew what you said but needed verification of whether or not there was any structure. The other group is the AAHE and I am familiar with them but haven't joined yet. I am registered with PIE. I am really mainly looking for a playgroup right now. Logan is an only child an much too comfortable with not leaving the house. I have fibromyalgia pretty badly which can limit me at times but mostly we look for fun. I love to plan trips too. I am planning on being there Thurs. To get to know people. I guess we'll see from there. Thanks for introducing yourself and I hope to see you soon.
          Jamie

          Sent from my iPhone