Re: [HSinA] Fw: Home School Mondays offerings for Spring 2012 [1 Attachment]
- Teresa,I received this email the other day from you and was interested in enrolling my 4 children ( K5, 1st, and twin 5th graders)in this program. When I contacted Deborah she said the someone needed to collect the applications and turn them in. Are you the one who will be collecting them? If so, could I have your address to send them to? Thanks, Jessica Whitlock
From: teresa jara <teresajara@...>
To: HSinA@yahoogroups.com; Tracy Swanson <just7ofus@...>; Sandy Spence <sandyspence@...>; AAHE@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, June 22, 2011 5:08:40 PM
Subject: [HSinA] Fw: Home School Mondays offerings for Spring 2012 [1 Attachment]
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Deborah McMurtrie <DeborahMc@...>
To: teresa jara <teresajara@...>; "whoyle1@..." <whoyle1@...>; Mary Beth Avent <mary.beth@...>
Cc: Darlene Smalley <DarleneS@...>; Gary Senn <SennG@...>
Sent: Wed, June 22, 2011 1:51:09 PM
Subject: Home School Mondays offerings for Spring 2012
We are pleased to announce that the RPSEC is now offering a series of monthly field trip programs for home school students. We are piloting this program beginning in January 2012.
Each month, each child will attend a series of (2) one-hour, back-to-back, hands on science or math programs at the RPSEC. The two programs for the younger students (Grades K-4) will be held at the same time as the two programs for the older students (Grades 5-8). The programs will begin at 1:00 PM and end at 3:15 PM.
Over the course of the spring semester, each child will attend a total of 10 programs. The cost is $30 per student for the spring semester (January through May).
Different programs will be offered each year with a 3-year rotation cycle.
To offer these programs, the RPSEC requires a minimum of 10 prepaid students in the “Younger” group, as well as 10 prepaid students in the “Older” group, for the entire series, by Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM. The reservation request form is attached.
Here is the schedule for Spring 2012:
January 9, 2012 @ 1:00 PM & 2:15 PM
- YOUNGER: Larry Cat in Space & 2) What’s the Matter?
- OLDER: To the Moon and Beyond & 2) Mixing Matter
February 6, 2012 @ 1:00 PM & 2:15 PM
- YOUNGER: Marvelous Minerals & 2) Merry Measuring II
- OLDER: Minerals, Ores & Fossil Fuels & 2) Hiker
March 5, 2012 @ 1:00 PM & 2:15 PM
- YOUNGER: Planet Earth Rocks! & 2) Method to the Madness
- OLDER: Rockin’ & Rollin’ & 2) Mission to Mars
April 2, 2012 @ 1:00 PM & 2:15 PM
- YOUNGER: Push Me, Pull Me & 2) Circuit City
- OLDER: May the Force Be With You & 2) CSI Solutions
May 7, 2012 @ 1:00 PM & 2:15 PM
- YOUNGER: Plantastic & 2) Owls: Wise Guise
- OLDER: Do You See What I See? & 2) Ravenous Raptors
Please share this information and the attached reservation request form for “Home School Mondays” with other home school parents. Thank you!
Deborah H. McMurtrie
Director, Student Programs
Program Director, CE-MIST (Center of Excellence in Middle-level, Interdisciplinary Strategies for Teaching)
Ruth Patrick Science Education Center
471 University Parkway, Box 3
Aiken, SC 29801
Tel: (803) 641-2834
Fax: (803) 641-3615