HSinAiken Kids blog

  • Chris McKeel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2011
      I have mentioned creating a blog to a few of you and got positive feedback so I thought I would persue it with the group.  I'm not sure how this will work, but I'd like to create a blog for our children to post on.  They can post book reports, info about science projects, short stories and poems, achievements, pictures of artwork....

      I was thinking that we would set up the blog and give parents the password so they can help students post. Another option would be to email me the posting and I would post it.  Parents would have to decide how much personal information to allow their child to include on the postings. Some parents migt prefer giving their child a psudonym to keep his/her identity private.  I have seen blogs that include childrens names and some that use cartoon characters names for their kids. Parents would have to read and approve all material before it is published.

      This can be lots of fun, but it is also out there forever once it is published.  Also a good lesson for our kids to learn.  I have set up a trial blog called Homeschooling in Aiken Kids http://homeschoolinginaikenkids.blogspot.com/

      Let me know if this is something you would like to do and give me some feedback on how it might work. I am invisioning our children communicating with eachother and sharing work through this blog.

      Chris McKeel
    • Allison LaBorde
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2011
        I love this idea.