      From: cjstew129 <cjstew129@...>
      To: HSinA@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:14 AM
      Subject: Re: [HSinA] HIitchcock Woods

      Well, my husband told me last night that he has this Friday off and that he wanted to do something with the kids. Hitchcock Woods is not his idea of fun. :( Can we have a rain check?  We don't have to wait this long, but I looked up the Hitchcock Woods website and the Aiken Horse Show in the Woods in the weekend of March 30-April 1. There's no charge if you walk in. We could do some hiking and stop by the show and watch for a while. I think Friday is the children's portion of the show and, if I remember correctly, there's a costume parade around noon. It would be fun for the kids ... they would just need to understand not to run around the horses. :)  The website is www.hitchcockwoods.org if you want to look it up.

      I also put the Festival of the Woods on our calendar. It's an annual event that focuses on the stewardship of the woods. This year it's on Saturday, September 29, and they will have guided tours, exhibits, family events, etc. (free admission).

      I love Hitchcock Woods and, although I know it's safe and there has never been any issues, I really don't want to go in by myself with the kids. I'd love to have someone to walk/hike with.

      Carol

      From: kiloyd@...
      Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:54:12 -0800

      I have never been, I have to Googlemap and find the entrances.  I just love hiking and don't do it that much because I won't go without another adult for safety.

      We can go anytime, I suggested 1:30 so we'd have time to have lunch and not hurry to get there. Plus it's supposed to rain in the morning.

      Katherine