RE: [HRNET] Tuition Reimbursement

  • Pine, Sue
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2004
      Michelle -

      Our hourly employees are represented by a union. Their contract states "Employees who receive reimbursement for courses taken through the educational program agree to work a minimum of two years after the date the course is completed." It goes on to say that if they do not remain employees for two years, they will repay to the company the amount reimbursed for the course. We have not had to try to collect but I doubt we could get the money back without the legal fees costing more than we could collect. Our employees sign a statement on the application for tuition assistance, and so far they have been good about honoring their commitment.

      Sue P.