Re: New Member Intro

  • knowles_renee
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 30, 2008

      Thanks, Anne!

      Renee

      www.reneeknowles.com

      --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Whitfield" <annewhitfield@...> wrote:

      > Hello Renee!
      >
      > Regards, Anne.~
      > http://www.annewhitfield.com
      > Her Shadowed Heart out now! Check website for details.
      > Woodland Daughter released July 31st!

    • Mary J. Dressel, Author
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008

        Hi, Renee,

        We're on some other places together.  Welcome to HRC Romances.

        Mary

        http://www.maryjdresselbooks.com

        --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, "knowles_renee" <knowles_renee@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone! I am a new member of this group and the Historical Romance
        > Club.

      • Mary Connealy
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
          Hi, I'm not sure about the rules for this group but I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.
          I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.

          I'm really interested to see what all you're talking about over here.
          Do you ask questions about historical research?
          Are you all writers or readers, too?

          I'll pay attention and try to get into the swing of things soon. In the meantime. I've got a book releasing in less than two weeks, Montana Rose, a historical western set in (duh) Montana. First book of a new series.

          I'm also on two blogs about historical fiction.
          http://petticoatsandpistols.com/
          and

          And another blog about writing skills.

          And I'd love to get to know you all better.

          Mary

          Mary Connealy

          http://www.maryconnealy.com/;

          http://mconnealy.blogspot.com/;

          http://petticoatsandpistols.com/;

          http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/

          Gingham Mountain-In Bookstores Now

          Nosy in Nebraska-Coming in June

        • lindsaytownsend
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
            Hello Mary and welcome! Sometimes we chat about historical research. I think we are a mix of readers and writers. Congratulations on your upcoming release of Montana Rose! Best wishes, Lindsay (I write medieval and ancient world historical romances.) -
            -- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, Mary Connealy <maryconnealy@...> wrote:

            > Hi, I'm not sure about the rules for this group but I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.
            > I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.
            >
            > I'm really interested to see what all you're talking about over here.
            > Do you ask questions about historical research?
            > Are you all writers or readers, too?
            >
            > I'll pay attention and try to get into the swing of things soon. In the meantime. I've got a book releasing in less than two weeks, Montana Rose, a historical western set in (duh) Montana. First book of a new series.
            >
            > I'm also on two blogs about historical fiction.
            > http://petticoatsandpistols.com/
            > and
            > http://bustlesandspurs.com/
            >
            > And another blog about writing skills.
            > http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/
            >
            > And I'd love to get to know you all better.
            >
            > Mary
            >
            > ________________________________
            > Mary Connealy
            > http://www.maryconnealy.com/;
            > http://mconnealy.blogspot.com/;
            > http://petticoatsandpistols.com/;
            > http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/
            > Gingham Mountain-In Bookstores Now
            > Nosy in Nebraska-Coming in June

          • WeezieDavis
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
              Hi Mary, sounds like an interesting genre. I'm also a writer, though my genre is pretty standard, I write Historical as well as historical paranormals.

              Welcome

              Lisa
              weeziedavis@...
              http://www.myspace.com/lisakdavis
              http://www.facebook.com/weeziedavis

              --- On Wed, 6/17/09, Mary Connealy <maryconnealy@...> wrote:

              I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.

            • atkinsonli46
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
                Hi Mary, I know you from Petticoats and Pistols! I'm quite new here too. Have you looked at the Historical Romance Club website? It's got a lot of cool articles and other stuff. Welcome1

                Jennie Marsland

                --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, Mary Connealy <maryconnealy@...> wrote:

                > Hi, I'm not sure about the rules for this group but I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.
                > I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.
                >
                > I'm really interested to see what all you're talking about over here.
                > Do you ask questions about historical research?
                > Are you all writers or readers, too?
                >
                > I'll pay attention and try to get into the swing of things soon. In the meantime. I've got a book releasing in less than two weeks, Montana Rose, a historical western set in (duh) Montana. First book of a new series.
                >
                > I'm also on two blogs about historical fiction.
                > http://petticoatsandpistols.com/
                > and
                > http://bustlesandspurs.com/
                >
                > And another blog about writing skills.
                > http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/
                >
                > And I'd love to get to know you all better.
                >
                > Mary
                >
                > ________________________________
                > Mary Connealy
                > http://www.maryconnealy.com/;
                > http://mconnealy.blogspot.com/;
                > http://petticoatsandpistols.com/;
                > http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/
                > Gingham Mountain-In Bookstores Now
                > Nosy in Nebraska-Coming in June

              • Jacquie Rogers
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009

                  Hi, Mary!  I’ll have to pick up your book—it’s right down my alley.  Congrats on your new release!

                  I write not at all suspenseful western romcom, sometimes with a little magic thrown in.  Or medieval romcom, or Shakespearean romcom, or . . .

                  Jacquie Rogers

                  Down Home Ever Lovin’ Mule Blues (See the Book Video featuring Justin Saragueta)

                  Faery Special Romances  (See the Book Video)

                  Royalties donated to Children’s Tumor Foundation, ending Neurofibromatosis through research

                  Website *** 1st Turning Point *** Myspace *** Twitter *** Facebook

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
                    some are authors like yourself and others are readers like myself a very avid reader.  anyway welcome and am looking forward to looking over "Montana Rose"

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
                      Hi Mary,

                      Glad to have you.  Why don't you share an excerpt from Montana Rose.

                      Kathy Otten
                      http://kathyottenauthor.com
                      An Ordinary Angel
                      Coming December 9th
                      From The Wild Rose Press  http://www.thewildrosepress.com

                      i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
                      Join me

                    • nhaddock1
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
                        Welcome, Mary!

                        Light,
                        Nancy

                        2009 Prism and Daphne du Maurier Contest Finalist - La Vida Vampire
                        Last Vampire Standing, in stores now!
                        La Vida VAmpire, in stores now!
                        http://www.nancyhaddock.com
                        Beach Books with Bite!
                        Digital Photography - Click Now.
                        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTDvmQlOBKFGUULEx98fSXj5yEpyhpLO6wK6VbBp8Sax4IyPu1hcVy/
                      • Vivienne
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
                          Welcome, Mary!

                          I enjoy reading historical westerns. When I was younger, I made an attempt or two, but thankfully those books are never to see the light of day.

                          Like Lisa, I write primarily historical and paranormal (both urban fantasy and historical with paranormal elements). Lately, most of my stories are Victorian, Regency, or Urban Fantasy.

                          This morning, I was re-reading part of The Bounty, which is one of my favorite historical westerns. I also used to love Elizabeth Lowell's Only series, but it's been a while since I read widely in the Western genre.

                          You mentioned petticoats & pistols. I know Charlene Sands, who is a member of my local RWA chapter.

                          Nice to "meet you"!

                          Vivienne

                          Vivienne Westlake Romance
                          History Has Never Been Hotter
                          http://www.viviennewestlake.com

                          --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, WeezieDavis <weeziedavis@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Mary, sounds like an interesting genre. I'm also a writer, though my genre is pretty standard, I write Historical as well as historical paranormals.
                          >
                          > Welcome
                          >
                          > Lisa
                          > weeziedavis@...
                          > http://www.myspace.com/lisakdavis
                          > http://www.facebook.com/weeziedavis
                          >
                          > --- On Wed, 6/17/09, Mary Connealy <maryconnealy@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.

                        • Carolynn Carey
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
                            Hi Mary,
                            I was so surprised to see your name because I'm reading one of your books right now. Welcome!  It's great to have you here.

                            I write both contemporary and historical. My only published historicals to date are a traditional Regency and a Regency Christmas novella. I've just submitted another novella but haven't heard back on that one.

                            Thanks for mentioning the seekerville blog.  I just checked that out and think it will be most helpful.  I was already familiar with the petticoats and pistols blog.  My own blog is on grammar and I've not been very faithful about blogging.  If anyone has any grammar questions, I'd love to hear from you:

                            Again, welcome, Mary.

                            Carolynn Carey

                            Carolynn Carey
                            COMPROMISING SITUATIONS