Re: [HRCRomance] New Member Intro

  • Anne Whitfield
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hello Renee!

      Regards, Anne.~
      http://www.annewhitfield.com
      Her Shadowed Heart out now! Check website for details.
      Woodland Daughter released July 31st!
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 30, 2008

        Thanks, Anne!

        Renee

        www.reneeknowles.com

        --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Whitfield" <annewhitfield@...> wrote:

        > Hello Renee!
        >
        > Regards, Anne.~
        > http://www.annewhitfield.com
        > Her Shadowed Heart out now! Check website for details.
        > Woodland Daughter released July 31st!

      • Mary J. Dressel, Author
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008

          Hi, Renee,

          We're on some other places together.  Welcome to HRC Romances.

          Mary

          http://www.maryjdresselbooks.com

          --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, "knowles_renee" <knowles_renee@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone! I am a new member of this group and the Historical Romance
          > Club.

        • Mary Connealy
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
            Hi, I'm not sure about the rules for this group but I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.
            I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.

            I'm really interested to see what all you're talking about over here.
            Do you ask questions about historical research?
            Are you all writers or readers, too?

            I'll pay attention and try to get into the swing of things soon. In the meantime. I've got a book releasing in less than two weeks, Montana Rose, a historical western set in (duh) Montana. First book of a new series.

            I'm also on two blogs about historical fiction.
            http://petticoatsandpistols.com/
            and

            And another blog about writing skills.

            And I'd love to get to know you all better.

            Mary

            Mary Connealy

            http://www.maryconnealy.com/;

            http://mconnealy.blogspot.com/;

            http://petticoatsandpistols.com/;

            http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/

            Gingham Mountain-In Bookstores Now

            Nosy in Nebraska-Coming in June

          • lindsaytownsend
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
              Hello Mary and welcome! Sometimes we chat about historical research. I think we are a mix of readers and writers. Congratulations on your upcoming release of Montana Rose! Best wishes, Lindsay (I write medieval and ancient world historical romances.) -
              -- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, Mary Connealy <maryconnealy@...> wrote:

              > Hi, I'm not sure about the rules for this group but I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.
              > I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.
              >
              > I'm really interested to see what all you're talking about over here.
              > Do you ask questions about historical research?
              > Are you all writers or readers, too?
              >
              > I'll pay attention and try to get into the swing of things soon. In the meantime. I've got a book releasing in less than two weeks, Montana Rose, a historical western set in (duh) Montana. First book of a new series.
              >
              > I'm also on two blogs about historical fiction.
              > http://petticoatsandpistols.com/
              > and
              > http://bustlesandspurs.com/
              >
              > And another blog about writing skills.
              > http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/
              >
              > And I'd love to get to know you all better.
              >
              > Mary
              >
              > ________________________________
              > Mary Connealy
              > http://www.maryconnealy.com/;
              > http://mconnealy.blogspot.com/;
              > http://petticoatsandpistols.com/;
              > http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/
              > Gingham Mountain-In Bookstores Now
              > Nosy in Nebraska-Coming in June

            • WeezieDavis
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
                Hi Mary, sounds like an interesting genre. I'm also a writer, though my genre is pretty standard, I write Historical as well as historical paranormals.

                Welcome

                Lisa
                weeziedavis@...
                http://www.myspace.com/lisakdavis
                http://www.facebook.com/weeziedavis

                --- On Wed, 6/17/09, Mary Connealy <maryconnealy@...> wrote:

                I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.

              • atkinsonli46
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
                  Hi Mary, I know you from Petticoats and Pistols! I'm quite new here too. Have you looked at the Historical Romance Club website? It's got a lot of cool articles and other stuff. Welcome1

                  Jennie Marsland

                  --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, Mary Connealy <maryconnealy@...> wrote:

                  > Hi, I'm not sure about the rules for this group but I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.
                  > I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.
                  >
                  > I'm really interested to see what all you're talking about over here.
                  > Do you ask questions about historical research?
                  > Are you all writers or readers, too?
                  >
                  > I'll pay attention and try to get into the swing of things soon. In the meantime. I've got a book releasing in less than two weeks, Montana Rose, a historical western set in (duh) Montana. First book of a new series.
                  >
                  > I'm also on two blogs about historical fiction.
                  > http://petticoatsandpistols.com/
                  > and
                  > http://bustlesandspurs.com/
                  >
                  > And another blog about writing skills.
                  > http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/
                  >
                  > And I'd love to get to know you all better.
                  >
                  > Mary
                  >
                  > ________________________________
                  > Mary Connealy
                  > http://www.maryconnealy.com/;
                  > http://mconnealy.blogspot.com/;
                  > http://petticoatsandpistols.com/;
                  > http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/
                  > Gingham Mountain-In Bookstores Now
                  > Nosy in Nebraska-Coming in June

                • Jacquie Rogers
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009

                    Hi, Mary!  I’ll have to pick up your book—it’s right down my alley.  Congrats on your new release!

                    I write not at all suspenseful western romcom, sometimes with a little magic thrown in.  Or medieval romcom, or Shakespearean romcom, or . . .

                    Jacquie Rogers

                    Down Home Ever Lovin’ Mule Blues (See the Book Video featuring Justin Saragueta)

                    Faery Special Romances  (See the Book Video)

                    Royalties donated to Children’s Tumor Foundation, ending Neurofibromatosis through research

                    Website *** 1st Turning Point *** Myspace *** Twitter *** Facebook

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 17, 2009
                        Hi Mary,

                        Glad to have you.  Why don't you share an excerpt from Montana Rose.

                        Kathy Otten
                        http://kathyottenauthor.com
                        An Ordinary Angel
                        Coming December 9th
                        From The Wild Rose Press  http://www.thewildrosepress.com

                        i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
                        Join me

                      • nhaddock1
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
                          Welcome, Mary!

                          Light,
                          Nancy

                          2009 Prism and Daphne du Maurier Contest Finalist - La Vida Vampire
                          Last Vampire Standing, in stores now!
                          La Vida VAmpire, in stores now!
                          http://www.nancyhaddock.com
                          Beach Books with Bite!
                          Digital Photography - Click Now.
                          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTDvmQlOBKFGUULEx98fSXj5yEpyhpLO6wK6VbBp8Sax4IyPu1hcVy/
                        • Vivienne
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
                            Welcome, Mary!

                            I enjoy reading historical westerns. When I was younger, I made an attempt or two, but thankfully those books are never to see the light of day.

                            Like Lisa, I write primarily historical and paranormal (both urban fantasy and historical with paranormal elements). Lately, most of my stories are Victorian, Regency, or Urban Fantasy.

                            This morning, I was re-reading part of The Bounty, which is one of my favorite historical westerns. I also used to love Elizabeth Lowell's Only series, but it's been a while since I read widely in the Western genre.

                            You mentioned petticoats & pistols. I know Charlene Sands, who is a member of my local RWA chapter.

                            Nice to "meet you"!

                            Vivienne

                            Vivienne Westlake Romance
                            History Has Never Been Hotter
                            http://www.viviennewestlake.com

                            --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, WeezieDavis <weeziedavis@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Mary, sounds like an interesting genre. I'm also a writer, though my genre is pretty standard, I write Historical as well as historical paranormals.
                            >
                            > Welcome
                            >
                            > Lisa
                            > weeziedavis@...
                            > http://www.myspace.com/lisakdavis
                            > http://www.facebook.com/weeziedavis
                            >
                            > --- On Wed, 6/17/09, Mary Connealy <maryconnealy@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.

                          • Carolynn Carey
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
                              Hi Mary,
                              I was so surprised to see your name because I'm reading one of your books right now. Welcome!  It's great to have you here.

                              I write both contemporary and historical. My only published historicals to date are a traditional Regency and a Regency Christmas novella. I've just submitted another novella but haven't heard back on that one.

                              Thanks for mentioning the seekerville blog.  I just checked that out and think it will be most helpful.  I was already familiar with the petticoats and pistols blog.  My own blog is on grammar and I've not been very faithful about blogging.  If anyone has any grammar questions, I'd love to hear from you:

                              Again, welcome, Mary.

                              Carolynn Carey

                              Carolynn Carey
                              COMPROMISING SITUATIONS