HRC June 2006 Issue

  • Ingela Hyatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2006

      Happy Birthday HRC!

      This month we're celebrating Historical Romance Club's 3rd Anniversary.  It seems like it was only yesterday I started this little review site.  And look at it now.  *sniffle*  It just grew up so fast...

      HRC Has Moved!!!

      That's right, not only has HRC moved to different server, but we now have our own domain name.  Yeah!  Come check us out at www.HistoricalRomanceClub.com  Be sure to update your bookmarks -- the old site won't be around long.

      Welcome New HRC Staff

      As many you may or may not know, our industrious Editor, Webmistress, Senior Reviewer, Head Cook and Bottle Washer, Ingela F. Hyatt, has been published.  (Her debut novel, A Knight of Passion will be released next month from Samhain Publishing. www.IngelaHyatt.com )  Since the day she signed her contract, she has been super busy, leaving little time for other things like HRC.  So instead of shutting down the website or selling it, she's decided spread her responsibilities to others with a little help from family, friends, and staff.  Thanks to our Senior Reviewer & Staff Recruiter, Jennifer Begley, HRC has some new volunteers (we can always use more *wink*).  Please welcome: Lisa Byrne: Review Coordinator, Krista Reading: Romance News Coordinator, Sarah Mowbray: Reviewer, Mary Gramlich: Reviewer, Cynthia Romero: Reviewer, and Susan Falk: Reviewer.  I would also like to mention Sandra Marlow, another Senior Reviewer, is also our new Interview Coordinator.  Because of ALL of our staff, HRC will now be updated every month like clock work.

      NEW HRC Reviews:

      Come check out the 19 new reviews we've posted to the website for our June Issue:

      Almost A Bride by Jane Feather
      Angels on Crusade by Samantha Winston
      Captive Stallion by Kate Hill
      Catching Caroline by Sylvia Day
      Dragon's Birth by Jennie Andrus
      Egyptian Nights by Jennifer Mueller
      Eyes of the Wolf by Amanda Steiger
      The Fox by Gayle Eden
      God of Fire by Jaid Black
      The Gripping Beast by Charlene Teglia
      The Husband Trap by Tracy Anne Warren
      Jane's Warlord by Angela Knight
      Longing's Levant by Charlotte Boyett-Compo
      My Knight, My Rogue by Phyllis Campbell
      Playing Easy to Get - anthology
      Red Rose Mean Love by Jacquie D'Alessandro
      How Faerie Dust is Made by Nita Wick
      Too Tempting To Touch by Cheryl Holt
      The Warlord's Woman by Tracy L. Ranson

      NEW HRC Author Spotlights:

      Come meet these five great authors and see what makes them tick:

      Liz Carlyle
      Jen Holling
      Tracy Anne Warren
      Marjorie Jones
      Donna Grant

      NEW Contest!

      To celebrate HRC's Birthday, we're holding a new contest.  Enter to win an autographed copy of The Husband Trap by Tracy Anne Warren.  The first book in Tracy's great new series...

      ATTENTION Authors:

      NEW: Would you like to be the Feature Author of the Month?  Starting July, we will be featuring authors on our front page.  For only $15.00 a month, you can have two pictures (book cover, photo, etc.), a 80 word blurb about you, your books etc., a link to your website, interview, review (depending on HRC/Author agreement), to be seen by over a thousand readers (and growing).  Featured authors will be randomly displayed on the Index page only, with a maximum of 5 Authors per month. To become a Featured Author, please Contact: Advertising@...

      NOTE: If you are an HRC Author, please mention in email.

      HRC is having a BANNER AD SALE!

      That's right, to celebrate our new move and domain, we've slashed our Advertising prices.

      Your Full Size Banner can be randomly displayed on 400 pages, for as little as $5.00 a month (depending on which package you choose).  If you would like to advertise on HRC, check out our packages at the URL Below.  No Banner, no problem, we'll make one for you.

      WANTED:

      HRC is still looking for Reviewers.  If you love historical romance, and would like to review for us, come fill out our application form at:

      We are also looking for an HRC Romance News & Chat Moderator for our Yahoo Group.  If you love to chat with Authors and fellow readers, are heavily involved with the Yahoo Groups and would like to help out, please contact us at:  Editor@...  We'd love for you to join the HRC Family.

      Ingela F. Hyatt
      Editor, Webmistress & Senior Reviewer
      Historical Romance Club
      www.HistoricalRomanceClub.com

    • jennontheisland
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2006

        Many happy returns to HRC!=D>

        I'm so glad to be a part of this amazing site and group of people. Welcome to all the new reviewers, and congrats Sandy on your 1 year anniversary as a reviewer.

        Don't forget about HRC's own internal message board where you can find info on authors, contests and help locating those old lost favorites. There's even a special spot for staff and reviewers to meet! Just click on the Message Board link from any page on the site www.historicalromanceclub.com

        Happy reading everyone,

        Jenn