Hello All

  • Kelly Renea Hohenstern
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 18, 2006
      My name is Kelly Renea and I am your newest member. I recently sold
      my first historical romance to New Concepts Publishing and it just
      debuted yesterday!

      Here is more information about me...I look forward to meeting everyone!

      What's a girl to do when her only hope lies in trusting a dark stranger?

      Colt's wife disappeared without a trace only to resurface a year later
      masquerading under an alias in the demimonde with a wealthy protector,
      the Duke of Wentworth. Her betrayal rings bitter, and Colt vows to
      seek vengeance on Wentworth since Colt's wife has already succumbed to
      consumption. Yet, the confrontation goes awry, leaving Colt physically
      bound and forced to accept help from Wentworth's only child and heir,
      the lovely, Lady Agatha.

      Determined to change her fate - marriage to an undesirable male or
      life in a convent - Aggie propositions the only man who could prove to
      be her liberator or her downfall. Colt agrees to help her escape
      silently pledging to seek his vengeance through Lady Agatha.

      Trusting a Dark Stranger, by: Kelly Renea Just released from New
      Concepts Publishing
      www.newconceptspublishing.com/trustingadarkstranger.htm

      Please visit my website at www.kellyrenea.zoomshare.com or
      www.kellyrenea.blogspot.com
    • iluvoceanbreezes
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 18, 2006

        Welcome, Kelly, and congratulations!  Your book sounds great.  I haven't been over to New Concepts in a bit, so I think I'm going to have to mosey on over there!

        Do you have a work in progress you can share with us?

        Sandy

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!
      • kelly
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 18, 2006
          Sure!
          I am finishing up my latest novel right now entitled Southern Flames.

          It is a 1930s romance set in rural Georgia.  Lily, my heroine, is a schoolteacher from New York trying to run from her dark past.  She carries an overwhelming amount of guilt for killing someone.

          My hero, Matthew, is a hired worker who picks cotton in the fields trying to save up money to buy a piece of land for himself so he can care for his six year old daughter.  His wife died when the baby was three days old and he tries to keep himself safe and distant from everyone but his daughter since he doesn't want to be hurt again.

          Crazy circumstances happen - a student tries to rape Lily, Matthew's wife isn't what she seems, Matthew's daughter looks just like the person Lily was responsible for killing, etc.

          It has been fun and I will be sending it in to New Concepts and hopefully publish it too soon.  What about you?  Are you an author or avid reader?

          Kelly Renea

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2006

            Congrats on your sale, Kelly.  Looks like we have a lot of first-timers here!  I expect Jenn to join our club very soon, too.  LOL!

            I don't know about y'all, but my head is still spinning from all the promotional stuff I hadn't expected.  I just wanted to write a book.  LOL!  What about the rest of you?

            Nita

            www.nitawick.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006
              THanks Nita!