A winner...and another 'magical' jewel contest!

  • Kathryne Kennedy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Congratulations to Jessica V. from Michigan! She is the lucky winner
      of the first `magical jewel' promotional contest for ENCHANTING THE
      LADY, the first novel in the RELICS OF MERLIN series. Jessica won a
      beautiful hand-carved Italian cameo broach with pearl accents, and it
      will be in the mail to her this week (insured :}). A special thanks
      to all of you that entered! And I sincerely appreciate those of you
      that left such wonderful comments about my excerpt.

      Please read on for the SECOND `magical jewel' contest:

      For this second contest, the prize is a double strand Akoya cultured
      pearl bracelet. (See my website http://www.KathryneKennedy.com
      for a photo and description of this 'magical' jewel on the CONTEST
      page.)

      This contest is all about helping to spread the word about my book.
      To enter, post the following blurb anywhere on the Internet (Err, no
      inappropriate sites, please. And the blurb cannot have already been
      mentioned on that site. If you don't own the site, please verify that
      it's okay with the site owner to post the blurb.)

      BLURB:
      ***
      ENCHANTING THE LADY
      "The imagination of J.K. Rowling and the romance of Julie Garwood all
      rolled up into one fabulous novel."~Erin Grady, author of Whispers
      Please visit: http://www.KathryneKennedy.com
      ***

      E-mail the URL link to your post to kathryne_kennedy@... with
      CONTEST in the subject line. A winner will be randomly chosen from
      those with a verifiable link. Only one entry per person. Entering
      the contest automatically signs you up for the author's newsletter.
      Your information will be kept confidential. Contest ends December
      31st, 2007. Void where prohibited by law. You must be 18 years or
      older to enter. No prize substitution permitted. This contest is
      subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.

      I've also received some wonderful reviews for ENCHANTING THE LADY:

      Five Blue Ribbons~"What a fantastic new series! ENCHANTING THE LADY
      is the first book in Kathryne Kennedy's RELICS OF MERLIN series, and
      I can't wait for the next one! Kennedy's Victorian era world of
      magic is lighthearted and enchanting, and easily pulls the reader in
      with its vivid description and narration. Felicity is a wonderful
      combination of guilelessness and intelligence, and Terence is a
      romantic hero to die for in both his human and shifted forms! The
      wealth of colorful secondary characters completes the magic of this
      wonderful story. This is a read-in-one-sitting treat for both
      fantasy and historical fans alike!"~Leigh, Romance Junkies Reviews

      A Perfect 10~"It isn't often that a book captures my attention so
      thoroughly; however, ENCHANTING THE LADY with its superb blend of
      Victorian England, magic, shape-shifters, and characters who
      positively come to life, definitely did. This is one of those rare
      and wonderful books that will leave a smile lingering on your face
      long after you're done reading. Thank goodness this is the beginning
      of a new series, because I can't wait to visit this magical world
      again. I find myself compelled to give ENCHANTING THE LADY the
      highest praise I can think of, a Perfect 10. Brava, Kathryne!"~Lori
      Ann, Romance Reviews Today

      Five Stars~"London has always seemed magical to me and the author,
      Kathryne Kennedy, casts her own glamour in this story. Not only are
      there were-kind and magical powers, but there is also a "dragonette".
      (Picture a small dragon, once hatched, that only grows to the size of
      a ferret.) Felicity has a dragonette for protection. It cannot fly,
      but it has lots of sharp teeth and can breathe fire. It is the
      simple, but fascinating, touches such as this that make the story so
      enchanting. Every page overflows with romance, fantasy, and suspense.
      OUTSTANDING!"~Detra Fitch, Huntress Reviews

      Good luck with the contest, and best wishes,
      Kathryne
      http://www.KathryneKennedy.com