Get "Caught Up In the Moment" (Excerpt)

  • wilhelmina.rush
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2007

      Hi, All!  I'm pleased to share with you an excerpt from my 1920s romance short story, "Amazing Grace," availabe at The Wild Rose Press.

      EXCERPT

      He held the door for Mrs. Eggerson, but shifted and closed it before Grace could pass through. Her eyes widened as, stepping close, Martin crowded her against the log wall. Bodies only inches apart, he could feel the warmth radiating from her tanned skin. Scarlet flamed her cheeks, but she made no move to leave.

      Interesting.

      "Miss Canady," he whispered, "you've got something I need."

      A slow, expectant smile spread across her face.

      Realization gripped him, tightening his chest. She's enjoying this, he thought. Very interesting. Martin held her gaze as his hand slowly reached for her. He let his fingers trace the length of her arm, raising gooseflesh as he went. At last, he covered her tiny hand, still clutching the empty glass. "Ah, here it is," he said as he pried the tumbler from her surprisingly strong grasp. "Thanks."

      Her eyes flashed in disbelief and her mouth fell open. Ignoring her, Martin strode to the table to collect the other glasses. "I wonder if you could get the door, Miss Canady. I seem to have my hands full."

      This time, he was certain he heard her snort. Martin watched in delight as Grace straightened to her full height and squared her shoulders. With a small nod, she calmly turned and entered the lodge, leaving him alone.

      Martin couldn't help but laugh at her complete dismissal of him. By God, he had it bad.

      READ MORE at http://www.thewildrosepress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=411

      Take care,

      Wil