promo+CONTEST - Chronicles of Kassouk Series - SFR Fantasy - PG13 excerptost

  • vijayaschartz
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2011
      Chronicles of Kassouk Series
      Science Fiction action romance - from Desert Breeze Publishing

      Book One: White Tiger
      Book Two: Red Leopard
      Book Three: Black Jaguar
      Book Four: Blue Lioness

      Set in a world where a human transport crashed centuries ago, the Chronicles of Kassouk relate the evolution of a human community kept at a level of medieval development to serve a more advance race.  Constantly struggling for human rights against galactic races, the population struggles for justice and freedom.

      Excerpt below the links:

      CONTEST:
      Win A DESPERADO FOR CHRISTMAS by entering. Click on CONTEST on the top right of the screen to enter at:

      EXCERPT of Book Two, Red Leopard:

      The tall woman had ivory skin, full pink lips, short flaxen hair and deep blue eyes enhanced by curved blue lines tattooed around them.  “And what about your sword, Red Leopard, is it?”

      A Gray took a step toward Terek.

      The woman raised one hand to stop him.  She had six fingers, like a Mutant or a Godd.  “I’ll handle this.”  She stared into Terek’s eyes.  She looked Human, taller than him, and extremely refined. “What are your intentions, Red Leopard?”

      “How do you know my name?”  Terek’s heart beat like a battle drum.

      She had a sad smile.  “The same way I knew you were coming.  You were betrayed.”

      Terek bristled at the idea that someone had intentionally sent a hundred Humans and a dozen felines to certain death. “Who is the traitor?”

      “It’s not important.”  The woman moved with natural grace, the pale blue silk floating around her shapely hips and slim thighs with each step. “I’m Galya.”

      The name told him nothing.  She exhibited no fear as she approached him, although he still held his sword at the ready, and she wore no armor that he could see.  If she came any closer, he would…what?  Kill her?  The Grays would retaliate and massacre his warriors.

      Struggling to ignore the way his body flushed in her proximity, Terek stared back at Galya.  “I hope in all fairness that you will spare my fighters.  I take full responsibility for the attack.  But I would rather die than surrender myself.”

      I like your style, Red Leopard.”  The shadow of a smile played on the woman’s lips and she patted the exquisite white scabbard hanging from her silver sash.  “I need field practice, and you seem like a worthy opponent.”

      She stepped out of her high platform shoes.  A general gasp filled the room.  She now stood at eye level with Terek.  Could she be Human?  No.  She had six lovely toes.

      Terek couldn’t imagine grappling with her in single combat.  Or rather, he could.  An intimate battle.  He felt himself blush at the lusty thought and caught amusement in Galya’s blue eyes.  Despite her pale looks and cool demeanor, he sensed in her a smoldering passion.

      She unsheathed a pristine silvery blade that shimmered in the artificial light.  “You fight me, and I’ll decide whether to spare your warriors or execute you all for treason.”

      Vijaya Schartz
      Blasters, Guns, Swords, Romance with a kick
      http://www.vijayaschartz.com
      http://romancingscifi.blogspot.com/