Henry VIII - Fat or Fiction?

  • grace_elliot2
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2011

      This post was such fun to put together and it's one of my favourites to date.

      KING HENRY VIII - FAT OR FICTION?

      I thought it would be fun to compare Henry VIII, as created in TV series, The Tudors, with accounts of the real king. In his later life King Henry VIII was famed for being obese:

      " …[King Henry VIII] laboured under the burden of extreme fat and [an] unwieldy body."
      Edward, 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury.

      However chief executive producer, Morgan O'Sullivan was refreshingly honest about his attitude to Johnathan Rhys Myers portrayal of the ageing king:

      "We still want him to be appealing. We don't want to destroy his good looks. An exact portrayal of Henry is not a factor that we think is important."

      http://graceelliot-author.blogspot.com/2011/10/king-henry-viii-fat-or-fiction.html
      Follow the link for the full post.