Promo: PG excerpt- Confederate Rose takes 2nd place!!

  • susanmacatee@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2010
      Confederate Rose has taken 2nd place in the historical category of the 2010 New England Reader's Choice Bean Pot Contest!! www.necrwa.com

      If you like Civil War romance, or have never read one, because you thought they were all like Gone With the Wind, you might be in for a surprise with my fast-paced Civil War story of a woman soldier, who falls for an enemy spy.

      Blurb:

      Disguised as a man to serve with her husband as a soldier in the Confederate Army, Irish immigrant, Katie Rose O'Reilly vows to remain in the ranks and seek revenge on Yankees after her husband is killed at Sharpsburg. When she falls and almost drowns in a swollen stream, Southerner Alexander Hart, a Yankee spy, saves Katie from drowning, then nurses her through a resulting fever, keeping his identity secret from the feisty and beautiful Rebel soldier even as he finds himself falling in love with her. Can Katie reconcile her loyalties with her love?

      Excerpt:

      Her pale cheeks turned a becoming shade of pink. She lifted one white, bare arm from the quilt to gesture at the clothing drying by the fire. "Now didn't you tell me to hang yer things out to dry?"

      Alex grimaced. He had told her to do that. But he hadn't expected her to go through his pack. "So I did," he admitted.

      She slipped her arm back into the quilt and lifted her chin. "'Tis an apology I should be expecting, Mr. Hart."

      "Apology? You were going through my things."

      "Because you ordered me to see to yer wet clothes."

      Alex didn't think he'd win this argument. "Very well, ma'am. I apologize if I've offended your fine sensibilities in any way."

      She straightened and hugged the quilt, eyeing him regally. "I accept yer apology, Mr. Hart."

      "Well then." He hesitated and dropped his gaze. Her wide eyes drove his thoughts to ideas best left alone. That and the knowledge of what little she wore under the quilt. He cleared his throat. "I suggest we bed down for the night."

      "Not until you get yerself out of those wet clothes."

      His brows shot up. "I beg your pardon?"

      "Ye'll surely not be sleeping in those wet things. 'Tis by the fire ye'll be needing to hang them."

      His gaze settled on the clothes draped over the two chairs. Steam rose from them. "But those clothes aren't dry yet."

      "Ye'll not be needing clothes to sleep." She grinned mischievously. "We've plenty of blankets."

      To purchase Confederate Rose http://www.thewildrosepress.com/confederate-rose-p-3672.html?zenid=5b0f26535f75c1f5a2bf9f8ac46cfdd3

      Read opening chapters at www.susanmacatee.com/confederateroseone.html

      Susan Macatee
      Adventure romance...enjoy the ride!!
      Confederate Rose and
      Erin's Rebel, available now at The Wild Rose Press

      www.susanmacatee.com

      www.slipintosomethingvictorian.wordpress.com
      www.acwbeyondscarlettandrhett.wordpress.com