Introduce yourself

  • jennontheisland
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6 10:10 AM
      Looks like we've got a few members here, but no messages! Never one to
      be shy, I guess I'll go first....

      I'm Jenn, 31, SAHM (1 boy, just turned 3), working on being self-
      employed, live on an island on the west coast of BC, Canada.

      I love reading and reviewing romance. My first romance novel was Skye
      O'Malley by Bertrice Small. I admit that I am also a wannabe author. I
      have a bit of a research addiction that gets in the way sometimes,
      though. I've just finished a time travel set in Ancient Egypt; I'm
      currently working on a 11C novella set in the Welsh Marches, and
      researching a Viking epic.

      So, what's everyone else up to??

      Jenn
    • nitawick
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6 10:36 AM

        Hey, Jenn!

        I'm Nita.  I've been 29 for about ten years now.  I'm a loan officer at small credit union in Tennessee and I'm the happily married mother of two teenagers.  My first historical romance was Connie Mason's SHEIK.  I've been hooked ever since.

        I am also a writer.  I finished my first novel last summer.  I haven't submitted it to a publisher yet.  It still needs some polishing.  But my second story has been picked up by Inara Press.  It will be published as a series.  I'm so excited about it!  The series is THE ROSCOMMON FAERIE TALES and season one is titled HOW FAERIE DUST IS MADE.  Every Tuesday for 12 weeks beginning May 30th, a new installment will be released.  It will be like a favorite tv show only this will be for book lovers!  For now, you can read a little about it at my web site:  www.nitawick.com  Soon there will be a link at the Inara Press Seron Serials site so you can find out all about it.  I'll post again when that is up and running.  It should only be a few more weeks.

        I'm looking forward to hearing from the other members here.  I haven't had time to do much reading lately, but I would love to hear about what others are reading.

        Nita

        --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, "jennontheisland" <jenniferbegley@...> wrote:

        > Looks like we've got a few members here, but no messages! Never one to
        > be shy, I guess I'll go first....
        >
        > I'm Jenn, 31, SAHM (1 boy, just turned 3), working on being self-
        > employed, live on an island on the west coast of BC, Canada.
        >
        > I love reading and reviewing romance. My first romance novel was Skye
        > O'Malley by Bertrice Small. I admit that I am also a wannabe author. I
        > have a bit of a research addiction that gets in the way sometimes,
        > though. I've just finished a time travel set in Ancient Egypt; I'm
        > currently working on a 11C novella set in the Welsh Marches, and
        > researching a Viking epic.
        >
        > So, what's everyone else up to??
        >
        > Jenn

      • iluvoceanbreezes
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6 8:50 PM
           Hi, Jenn!

          Fancy meeting you here!

          I'm Sandy from Central California, 46, single and living with my cat.  LOL!  I love the ocean and reading on the beach.  Include a bottle of champagne and some caviar and I'm in heaven!

          I love reading historicals and paranormals with a little bit of contemps and romantic suspense thrown in.  I don't remember what my first historical or romance novel was, but I remember liking Rebecca Brandewyne, Victoria Holt, and Bertrice Small all those years ago.  I now enjoy Karen Marie Moning, Julia Quinn, Lynn Kurland, Mary Jo Putney, Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Iris Johansen, Linda Howard and so many more.

          I just finished my first Lynsay Sands book, Love Bites, and absolutely loved it.  I will be
          getting to rest of the series shortly.  I also finished Rowena Cherry's Forced Mate, but I
          just couldn't get into it that much.  I'm not sure why, but it didn't keep me coming back at all hours of the day and night to see what was happening next.  I enjoyed the characters and the humor, so I'm not sure what actually wrong with it.   I'm currently reading Pamela Morsi's Courting Miss Hattie, which was recommended on another historical group I'm with.

          I look forward to chatting with everyone!

          Sandy

          Looks like we've got a few members here, but no messages! Never one to
          be shy, I guess I'll go first....

          I'm Jenn, 31, SAHM (1 boy, just turned 3), working on being self-
          employed, live on an island on the west coast of BC, Canada.

          I love reading and reviewing romance. My first romance novel was Skye
          O'Malley by Bertrice Small. I admit that I am also a wannabe author. I
          have a bit of a research addiction that gets in the way sometimes,
          though. I've just finished a time travel set in Ancient Egypt; I'm
          currently working on a 11C novella set in the Welsh Marches, and
          researching a Viking epic.

          So, what's everyone else up to??

          Jenn

          Yahoo! Groups Links