Promo,PG13. A KNIGHT'S VOW & other print historical romances. Excerpt

  • Lindsay Townsend
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2009

       If you enjoy historical romance, you may like my medieval historical
      romance, A KNIGHT'S VOW, published by Kensington Zebra and given 5
      red roses,4.5 blue ribbons and 4 stars.
      You can see a trailer here:

      http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=12109

      And buy from from links shown here:
      http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/2008/04/knights-vow.html

      Here's the blurb:
      England, 1138. Set against the dangerous backdrop of the crusades,
      this sweeping romance captures the story of a beautiful, young woman
      and the dashing knight who will battle his fiercest enemies to win
      her undying love...

      Ever since she was fourteen, Alyson of Olverton dreamed of marrying a
      brave, charismatic young knight. His name was Guillelm de la Rochelle
      and his marriage proposal satisfied her deepest yearnings. But her
      father forbade their union, prompting Guillelm to set out for the
      Holy Land, breaking Alyson's innocent heart. Seven years later, the
      valiant knight has defied rumors of his death and returned home,
      having no idea that nothing is the same as when he left...

      Back from fighting in the crusades, Guillelm is stunned to find
      Alyson entrenched in his father's ancestral castle even worse she was
      betrothed to his father before he died. Despite this chilling fact,
      Guillelm finds himself struggling to resist the temptation to seduce
      her. Torn between intense jealousy and overwhelming desire, he shocks
      them both by proposing marriage a second time, justifying that it
      will be easier to keep her safe if she is his bride. Little do they
      know, however, that there is an enemy in their very midst one who
      won't rest until he destroys their chance at everlasting love...

      Here's an EXCERPT, taken from the beginning of the novel.

      England, Summer 1138
      'Sir Guillelm has returned! The son of Lord Robert has come back to
      us!'
      'Thanks be to God, we are saved! The young master has returned!'
      Alyson heard the shouts from the surviving men-at-arms and jerked her
      head up, all thought of prayer forgotten. 'My Lord Dragon,' she
      whispered.
      Struggling to rise to her feet from the hard cold floor of the small
      narrow chapel, she re-pinned her simple veil and pinched color into
      her gaunt cheeks, feeling her heart begin to race. 'Can it really be
      true?' She had waited for him for so long, she could scarcely believe
      it. Guillelm, here, in his family's castle of Hardspen. For a moment
      she felt stunned with happiness.
      'My lady!' The reedy voice of her seneschal, Sericus, floated above
      the hubbub in the great hall of the castle, calling ahead as he
      tottered on gangling legs to find her, to bring her this miraculous
      news.
      'I am here!' Alyson called, darting from the chapel. Sericus was
      lame, and to save his withered limbs she picked up the hem of her
      plain brown gown and hurried down the spiral staircase of the keep, a
      small, slender girl with a mass of long black hair, large, very dark
      blue eyes and delicate features whose naturally bright, high-colored
      complexion had been dulled by weariness and grief. Longing to see
      Guillelm, she was reckless in her haste on the torch-lit stair, where
      only her natural fleetness of foot prevented a fall.
      Would he remember her? She had been fourteen years old when he had
      answered the call of his kinsman, Raymond of Poitiers, and gone with
      him to the Holy Land. He had been in the exotic, dusty lands of
      Outremer for seven long years and she had despaired of ever seeing
      him again. For the last three years, with no news of him, there had
      even been the terrible rumor that he was dead. But he was alive!
      Was he greatly changed? Would she be the one who would have to tell
      him that the enemy forces ranged outside the main gate were poised to
      attack? That his father, the noble and intimidatingly austere Lord
      Robert, had been dead for ten days? That for the last month she had
      been living in Hardspen as Lord Robert's intended betrothed?

      Also I have another Kensington Zebra historical romance, A KNIGHT'S CAPTIVE. The story is set in 1066 and if you want to read more about the Breton warrior Marc de Sens and his young lady Sunniva, their pilgrimage to Durham, a set of juggler's knives and a little matter of the Norman invasion of England, then look here:

      A Knight's Captive: http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/2008/04/knights-captive.html

      A Knight's Captive is due from Kensington Zebra right now now, and you can buy it from Barnes & Noble, Borders, Powells, Amzon and other bookshops. There's a kindle and an ebook version, too.
      It has been given 4 STARS FROM ROMANTIC TIMES.

      My ancient world historical romance, FLAVIA'S SECRET is now in print from various sellers. This mystery-romance novel, set in Roman Britain, is detailed here: http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/2008/04/flavias-secret.html
      You can find reviews and excerpts on this page. ('Flavia's Secret' had 4 Stars from Romantic Times.)

      Also, my other ancient world historical romances, BRONZE LIGHTNING and BLUE GOLD are now on kindle and in print. 'Bronze Lightning' is set in ancient Britain of the Bronze Age and ancient Krete and Egypt. 'Blue Gold' is set in ancient Egypt.

      All my covers, blurbs, reviews and excerpts can be found at these links:

      A Knight's Vow: http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/2008/04/knights-vow.html
      A Knight's Captive: http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/2008/04/knights-captive.html
      Flavia's Secret: http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/2008/04/flavias-secret.html
      Blue Gold: http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/2008/04/blue-gold.html
      A Secret Treasure: http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/2001/01/secret-treasure.html
      Bronze Lightning: http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/2009/01/bronze-lightning.html

      Best wishes, Lindsay

    • Lindsay Townsend
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2009

         If you enjoy historical romance, you may like my medieval historical
        romance, A KNIGHT'S VOW, published by Kensington Zebra and given 5
        red roses,4.5 blue ribbons and 4 stars.
        You can buy from from links shown here: