First kiss moment from my historical romance, FLAVIA'S SECRET

  • lindsaytownsend
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2009
      I put the word 'Capture' into my word finder with FLAVIA'S SECRET, my
      ancient Roman historical romance, and came up with several excerpts,
      including this scene, where the hero Marcus 'recaptures' Flavia's
      mouth for a sensous kiss.

      EXCERPT

      http://www.bookstrand.com/product-flaviassecret-11087-330.html

      Deep within her, Flavia felt a familiar spiral of desire.
      `We mustn't! Not here!' she cried, trying to break free. `Someone may
      come.'
      `But you have already said no one does at this time of day,' Marcus
      murmured against the side of her mouth. His tongue lightly flicked
      the edge of her lips and when she gasped, he neatly recaptured her
      mouth afresh.
      Flavia tried to fight the feelings of delicious bonelessness and fire
      that were coiling through her hands, breasts, and most disturbing,
      through her intimate parts. `No!' She twisted her head away from
      Marcus' searching mouth.
      He laughed and lifted her easily off her knees and onto his lap,
      brushing her flyaway hair away from her flushed face. `Is this not
      the best way, little Celt, for me to prove to you that I believe and
      respect all that you have told me?'
      What about love? Flavia thought, refusing to look at him. Why do you
      not say you love me? Quick and poisonous as the attack of an adder,
      she recalled Pompey's words about Marcus' wife and daughter: I was
      sure he would grieve forever for them. A flare of jealousy burst in
      her.
      Using the strength of anger, she successfully pushed herself away
      from Marcus' broad, warm chest and to the full stretch of his
      encircling arms. `If you respect me as you say, then you should
      respect my wishes!'
      `But I do respect you.' With an almost lazy strength, Marcus would
      not allow her to struggle off his lap. `I respect and honor you, and
      certainly I heed your wishes.' He cupped her breast and gave a
      knowing, irritating smile as Flavia's own body betrayed her, as her
      limbs stopped squirming and trying to escape and were frozen instead
      in delight.
      `See what I mean?' he said, his fingers slowly circling her breasts.

      Best wishes, Lindsay

      "I lived and breathed Flavia's yearnings and love for Marcus
      throughout the pages. Thumbs up Ms. Townsend! I loved every word of
      Flavia's Secret! 4.5 Blue Ribbons"—Romance Junkies."An exciting
      mystery set in ancient Britain. The romance between Flavia and Marcus
      is strong and passionate. Very enjoyable. 4.5 Red Roses" —Red Roses
      for Authors."Lindsay Townsend weaves romance, intrigue, and
      historical fact into a unique and compelling story. It is impossible
      to put it down once you've started to read it. The reader will wish
      the story would go on forever. 4 Books" —Long and Short Reviews. Also
      BOOK OF THE WEEK at Long and Short Reviews.
      Lindsay Townsend
      FLAVIA'S SECRET - sensual historical romance set in Roman Britain.
      Bookstrand www.bookstrand.com 4.5 Red Roses and Blue Ribbons. 4
      Books. Book of the Week at LASR 4 Stars
      http://www.bookstrand.com/product-flaviassecret-11087-330.html
      A SECRET TREASURE - romantic suspense set on Rhodes. Bookstrand. The
      perfect holiday read. www.bookstrand.com 5 Stars. 4.5 Red Roses. 4
      Cups. 5 Angels. 4 Books
      http://www.bookstrand.com/product-asecrettreasure-11086-330.html
      A KNIGHT'S VOW- kensington zebra and kindle edition. Passionate
      medieval romance. 5 Red Roses. 4.5 Blue Ribbons.4 Stars.

      Please visit my website at www.lindsaytownsend.com
      and my blog at http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com
    • Maggi Andersen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2009
        It 'captured' me, Lindsay. LOL

         Maggi

[...]

        Please visit my website at www.lindsaytownsend .com
        and my blog at http://lindsaysbook chat.blogspot. com

        Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look.
      • Lindsay Townsend
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2009
          Thanks, Maggi! Best wishes, Lindsay

          Please visit my website at www.lindsaytownsend.com