Yosemite Romance Writers Workshop: How to Build the Perfect Man

  • Sandy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2008
      We're proud to present to you Yosemite Romance Writers (formerly Wine
      Country Romance Writers) and we have moved to Fresno, California.

      But a name nor a location change will alter our terrific lineup of
      online workshops that you've always enjoyed with us.

      Our 2009 schedule is now up on our new website at
      http://WWW.YosemiteRomanceWriters.Com, and the selection is varied so
      that everyone should be able to find something they're interested in.
      Please drop by and take a look!

      The last of our three January workshops is below.

      **Permission to forward granted and encouraged**

      Yosemite Romance Writers is proud to present their online workshop for
      January.

      Workshop title: How to Build the Perfect Man

      Date: 1/5 - 1/30/09

      Every author strives to create characters that spring to life from the
      page, and are believable, sympathetic and dynamic to readers all at
      the same time. But the only way that your character will ever feel
      real to your reader is if he or she is first real to you. From the way
      they look to their chosen career; from their ambitions, problems,
      personality traits and more, as the writer, you must know them inside
      and out. This workshop introduces you to some tools you can use to
      create characters, breathe life into them through your words and
      maintain consistency in them throughout your book. Utilizing
      in-classroom exercises, participants learn how to match personalities,
      names and even faces with their heroes, heroines and villains. This is
      a very hands-on class, centered around active participation and group
      discussion. All will be asked to share their responses. Emphasis will
      be placed on the fact that there are no right or wrong answers, only
      personal preferences.

      About the instructor: Sara Reinke

      "Definitely an author to watch." That's how Romantic Times Book
      Reviews magazine describes Sara Reinke. New York Times best-selling
      author Karen Robards Calls Reinke "a new paranormal star" and Love
      Romances and More hails her as "a fresh new voice to a genre that has
      grown stale." Dark Thirst, the first in her Brethren Series of vampire
      romance is available now from Kensington/Zebra Books, while the
      sequel, Dark Hunger, is available as of September, 2008. Reinke is
      also a Member of Wild & Wicked Authors and the Louisville Romance
      Writers chapter of Romance Writers of America.

      Deadline to register: 1/4/09

      Fee: $20 YWR members; $25 non-members. RWA Membership isn't required;
      anyone can take our courses.
      Where to sign up: You may register online at our website.
      Please click the Pay Now button and follow the instructions for
      Paypal, then EMAIL us at Workshops@... to confirm.

      You may also YRW at YosemiteRomanceWriters@...
      for any other questions.

      Thank you for considering our workshops!!

      Sandra Marlow
      Vice President, YRW

      Yosemite Romance Writers
      WWW.yosemiteromancewriters.com