Yosemite Romance Writers Workshop: Writing the Authentic Western

  • Sandy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2008
      We're proud to present to you Yosemite Romance Writers (formerly Wine
      Country Romance Writers) and we have moved to Fresno, California.

      But a name nor a location change will alter our terrific lineup of
      online workshops that you've always enjoyed with us.

      Our 2009 schedule is now up on our new website at
      http://WWW.YosemiteRomanceWriters.Com, and the selection is varied so
      that everyone should be able to find something they're interested in.
      Please drop by and take a look!

      Another of our three January workshops is below.

      **Permission to forward granted and encouraged**

      Yosemite Romance Writers is proud to present their online workshop for
      January.

      Workshop title: Writing the Authentic Western

      Date: 1/5 - 1/30/09

      A fascinating look at how physical, chronological and social histories
      of the American West apply to westerns. Whether we are writing
      paranormal, romantic, historical or YA genre, this class will lend
      authenticity to our writing. (Course taught at the Women Writing the
      West conference in Colorado Springs.) This is not a stuffy social
      studies class; it's a must for authentic paranormal, romance,
      historical and YA western writing.

      About the instructor: Anne Schroeder

      Anne Schroeder has had over forty published short stories and essays
      in national print markets. She edited Scent of Cedar: Promising
      Writers of the Pacific Northwest for Russell Dean and Company. She
      evokes the drama of her close-knit Southern California farming
      community in her memoir, Branches on the Conejo: Leaving the Soil
      after Five Generations, which earned a William Saroyan Persie Award.
      Her 2008 release, Ordinary Aphrodite, is a "Love Goddess-meets-Bridget
      Jones's-Diary" memoir for today's women as seen through the heart and
      eyes of a non-status-quo woman coming of age in the '60s Social
      Revolution.

      Anne edits and teaches creative writing through community college and
      writing conferences. Professional affiliations include Women Writing
      the West, National Association of Baby Boomer Women, and National
      Association of Women Writers.

      Deadline to register: 1/4/09

      Fee: $20 YWR members; $25 non-members. RWA Membership isn't required;
      anyone can take our courses.

      Where to sign up: You may register online at our website.
      Please click the Pay Now button and follow the instructions for
      Paypal, then EMAIL us at Workshops@... to confirm.

      You may also YRW at YosemiteRomanceWriters@...
      for any other questions.

      Thank you for considering our workshops!!

      Sandra Marlow
      Vice President, YRW

      Yosemite Romance Writers
      WWW.yosemiteromancewriters.com