1584Re: New Member Intro

  • Vivienne
    Jun 18, 2009
      Welcome, Mary!

      I enjoy reading historical westerns. When I was younger, I made an attempt or two, but thankfully those books are never to see the light of day.

      Like Lisa, I write primarily historical and paranormal (both urban fantasy and historical with paranormal elements). Lately, most of my stories are Victorian, Regency, or Urban Fantasy.

      This morning, I was re-reading part of The Bounty, which is one of my favorite historical westerns. I also used to love Elizabeth Lowell's Only series, but it's been a while since I read widely in the Western genre.

      You mentioned petticoats & pistols. I know Charlene Sands, who is a member of my local RWA chapter.

      Nice to "meet you"!

      Vivienne Westlake Romance
      History Has Never Been Hotter

      --- In HRCRomance@yahoogroups.com, WeezieDavis <weeziedavis@...> wrote:
      > Hi Mary, sounds like an interesting genre. I'm also a writer, though my genre is pretty standard, I write Historical as well as historical paranormals.
      > Welcome
      > Lisa
      > weeziedavis@...
      > http://www.myspace.com/lisakdavis
      > http://www.facebook.com/weeziedavis
      > --- On Wed, 6/17/09, Mary Connealy <maryconnealy@...> wrote:
      > I write suspenseful, historical-western, romantic comedy--I like to think I've invented my own genre.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic