Horses in need and equine events 26 Feb

  • Brandi Qualset
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      It is late and I am tired, so I am sending this out quick.

      Horses in need:

      1.   CA: mustang & grade mare: horses need to be rehomed ASAP/Upper N. Ca

      Posted by: "CWER lists" lists@...   amcross

      Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:01 pm (PST)

      FORWARD: contact info is in the email. we have no data on these 2 horses.

      Sincerely,
      AnnMarie Cross
      President
      Crosswinds Equine Rescue, Inc.
      www.cwer.org

      If you feel the work we do is important, we hope you'll consider becoming a
      member of CWER at our site, cwer.org . It costs just $25/year (individual),
      includes a variety of great benefits, and is a key source of income for us
      to feed the horses. We have zero salaries -- all funds go to help the
      horses!

      From: Beth (:
      Date: 2/22/2008 11:21:54 AM
      To: NEER board
      Subject: [NewEnglandEquineRescues] ): ...CT

      must sell some horses I have come to the realization that I have too many
      horses, and although my intentions were the best, I just can't keep as many
      as I have. They are not broke and before I send them to the auction, I would
      like to find someone who may be able to use them. I would like to commit to
      someone who will break these horses and use them.
      Email: tshook@... (tshook @ snet.net)Telephone: 860-868-1763 State: Connecticut

      Beth...
      Now 501(c)3 federal non profit status!
      www.NewEnglandEquineRescues.com
      You can write us off! .
      www.MySpace.com/NewEnglandEquineRescues

      Rescues in need:

      1.  Is there anyone in Maine who is close enough to help Brogan  (Phoenix Equine Rescue) out with the barn situation…even if it is helping move hay out before it collapses…or sharing wisdom on how to save the barn!

      Date: 2/25/2008 9:32:15 PM
      To: NewEnglandEquineRescues@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [NewEnglandEquineRescues] Update on Alton NH horses

      Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you on the horses in Alton. I don't
      receive messages from this group, so please email me directly if you have
      questions or want to help. Many of you have contacted me and I so
      appreciate it!
      The horses are doing well (they are an Arab pony mare and a HUGE Percheron
      mare). They had their feet done, for FREE, on Sunday by Lisa Phelps of
      Hoofwalker Natural Trim of Barnstead, NH. I brought my round pen over so
      they could have daytime turnout, and we've had donations of hay, grain, and
      shavings, enough for 2 weeks. Someone donated a brand new 16-gal heated
      water bucket for their round pen.
      I talked with Cassie's temporary guardian today and Cassie is thrilled that
      the horses are being pampered -- she said it sounded like they were "at a
      spa". I'm sending her some photos of them tonight. The family is still not
      sure what the plans are for the horses, but we don't expect to have them
      here for more than a couple of weeks. A transporter on equinesite.com has
      offered his services, as well, when the time comes.
      Right now, we are in need of monetary donations towards vet work - the
      horses need their Coggins/shots/health certs so that they can travel to
      wherever their new home may be (otherwise, they are in great health). I'm
      going to call vets tomorrow, but there are not many that serve this area --
      I will probably work with TNT Equine of Dover, NH.
      Thanks for your kind words/thoughts, and offers of help. Please visit
      http://www.CaringForCassie.com to see updates on our current donation status
      Cassie posted on the site this morning!
      Pam

      More update:

      >>>A local family here in Alton, NH was torn apart last week during a domestic violence incident. The mother & father both died in a murder/suicide and the daughter, 11 years old, was injured but is expected to recover physically. The family was active in our community and the community is doing everything we can to help this young lady.

      The family owned two horses, an Arabian and a DraftX, who remain on the property, and I am coordinating care for the horses in conjunction with the Alton PD / Animal Control Officer, and the Victim Advocate. I will be coordinating volunteers to feed, muck, and exercise the horses (we do have plenty of local volunteers, but if you live in Alton and want to help, please let me know).  Like many others, I just want to help this young lady, and this is where I can best focus my efforts.   Please crosspost to New Hampshire related groups … I can be contacted by email at pam@... (pam @ mcleod.name) with any questions<<<

      http://www.wmur.com/news/15310287/detail.html

      This is an extremely unfortunate situation...  Cassie has left everything behind, she is now living with a guardian in another town.  Plans are being made to get the horses to her, but in the meantime they are being well taken care of.  Donations for hay/grain/etc can made by calling or stopping by Alton Home & Lumber  603-875-3900 . The store is located at 199 Main St. in Alton, NH.

      In addition, Cassie needs all new clothes and things...books, toys, Breyers? Gift cards are gladly welcomed, so that Cassie can get what she needs...there is a Barnes and Noble nearby, as well as a Borders, and a Target.

      www.CaringForCassie.Com

      Gift cards can be sent to:

      CASSIE

      Box 363

      Alton NH

      03809

      Pam feels that just a little note would also be appreciated, so maybe if people even just sent her a nice card??

      Thanks in advance...

      ):