Re: [HOn3] Never Enough.....

  • Mike Bauers
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2000
      ufffam@... wrote:

      > Michael I have seen some of your proto shots--how does this camera do in the macro/close up model shot world?
      >
      > You can send a sample jpeg to my office at wuffelman@... if you'd like.

      Have you seen the newer close-ups on the Mark Rollins site?? Same camera!

      Close up is a 4-10 inch depth of field and very sharp.

      I'd be better off making a couple and sending one to you.... I
      know I have some among the 3000 or so on the drive....but it would
      be a hunt....

      Here's one that is on the web......

      http://www.ameritech.net/users/brian_williams/mnog_coalburner.jpg

      I'm 98 percent certain that Brian was the fellow that introduced
      me to the camera and that this shot came from his session at Bob
      Hayden's layout in Milwaukee last summer.

      regards,
      Mike Bauers
    • Mike Bauers
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2000
        Mike Bauers wrote:

        > ufffam@... wrote:
        > >
        > > Michael I have seen some of your proto shots--how does this camera do in the macro/close up model shot world?
        > >
        > > You can send a sample jpeg to my office at wuffelman@... if you'd like.
        >
        > Have you seen the newer close-ups on the Mark Rollins site?? Same camera!
        > Here's one that is on the web......
        >
        > http://www.ameritech.net/users/brian_williams/mnog_coalburner.jpg

        and here is a page of the Rollins site where he used the camera
        for the several pictures below the first two on the page....

        http://www.mrollins.com/climaxpix.html

        best to all,
        Mike Bauers
      • Rick C Shoup
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2000
          Mike thanks a bunch. Now I am closer to reality.
          Regards, Rick Shoup

          On Wed, 03 May 2000 15:30:04 -0500 "Michael W. Bauers"
          <mwbauers@...> writes:
          > Rick C Shoup wrote:
          > >
          > > How much are the extra chips? Can you recharge in the car or do
          > you use
          > > throwaway batteries? What seems to be the going price for the rig?
          >
          > The rig is $250 - $299 for the camera, add a waterproof bag, your
          > choice of batteries, about $8 for the right wall power[which I
          > haven't used yet, but expect to on trips]
          >
          > The 244 shot 16 meg chip is in the $40-$59 range and I've bought a
          > pair of 130 shot 8 meg chips at $19 at a Walmart in the boonies
          > while on the road. If you're looking at chips and find the 32megs
          > are too expensive, you can just as well use two of the 16's if the
          > price is noticeably lower for the two.
          >
          > I bought a couple of metal hydride chargers and two or three sets
          > of AA's to go with them, but haven't used them yet. I still have a
          > couple of 12 pack AA's Energizer types to use up.
          >
          > By not using the built in monitor much, I got about 800 shots at
          > the museum before I had to change the disposable batteries. That
          > included shooting a bunch at a family wedding the weekend before.
          >
          > The charger with two AA's cost $19, four more AA's cost about $10,
          > a second charger with two more AA's and another pack of AA's seems
          > a decent long trip accessory I should yet get.
          >
          > I'll have to remember to pack and extension cord for the longer
          > trips and overnight charging. There are also car chargers for the
          > batteries that require 3-4 hours. Not too bad for some trip
          > conditions.
          >
          > regards,
          > Mike Bauers

          > Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
          > more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long
          > Distance
          > rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!

          > HOn3 list web pages are:
          > http://www.railway-eng.com/hon3/
          > http://onelist.com/archive/Hon3/
          > http://onelist.com/files/HOn3/

        • Rick C Shoup
          Message 4 of 11 , May 3, 2000
            Wow what a pix. where is that layout?
            Regards, Rick Shoup

          • ufffam@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , May 4, 2000
              Michael you have answered my question in spades! I could not ask for better photo quality in the under $300 equipment range!

              Bill Uffelman
            • Charlie Lachman
              Message 6 of 11 , May 4, 2000
                I also have a The Olympus DL340-R and can't sing its praises high
                enough. I got mine for $249 on sale at K-Mart. It's now been replaced
                with the DL360-R almost exactly the same at same retail price $299. The
                USB card reader $60 at Best buys, reads both type cards, compact flash
                and smart media. Very fast painless loading. depth of field is very
                good.