Re: [HOn3] Rain & Flooding

  • dennis jackson
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 13, 2013

      My children in Longmont are in the same situation. The web site states nothing about closing and is scheduled for special events tomorrow.

      Dennis Jackson

    • r.hoppes
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 14, 2013

        Longmont had a lot of flooding and the areas along the St. Vrain River flooded big time.  What hasn't flooded is possible to get to, but there are some road closures.  Lots of stores and recreation closed.  I made it in to Lowes on Ken Pratt yesterday but nearly every other store in the shopping center was closed.  We are about 100 feet above the river banks so we were o.k.

        The BNSF tracks through town were undercut and the storage tracks by the river were under water along with a lot of rolling stock.  No trains running.

        The CRM web site looks normal and I wasn't called in to help clean up (they would have to be pretty desperate for that).

        Boulder had severe flooding and my kids cant get to work.  Lots of people have flooded basements there.

        It may be a long time until we can go to Estes park due to bridges wiped out in Lyons.  We have refugees in the neighborhood who were stranded and came to stay in the parents home.

        Otherwise it's a mess, with more rain coming!

        Ray

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 14, 2013
          Glad to hear you are OK.

          Mike Conder

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 14, 2013
            No problem, and Thomas is this weekend.

            Keevan, living in Golden

            In a message dated 9/14/2013 6:02:06 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, luggw1@... writes:
            Has anyone heard of the storm's impact to the CRM in Golden?

            Bill Lugg