RE: New 3D Products.

  • ebt18
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 13, 2013

       Thanks for posting this, John.  My mind was completely blown by the level of detail available in this new technology.  I also noticed my friend, Phil Light, has models available as well.  Some of the HOn3 rolling stock may be close enough to pass for some of the East Broad Top passenger and freight cars.  I need to go through the list of EBT stock and compare dimensions.  I also noticed the availability of scale passenger roofs for those who like to model in wood but have a dickens of a time with the roof curves.  Wow!  This is great stuff!

      Russ Norris

      --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, <hon3@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Guys, For those of you who are looking for alternative sources of Rolling Stock, may I suggest
      you check out the new HOn3 30ft and 40ft passenger cars, on WWW.shapeways/shop/mynermodels
      These semi kits are 3D printed in white plastic, and are the finest 3D models I`ve seen, well up to and above the standards of injection molded products. Neil Griggs, the owner of Mynermodels, has produced
      a range of kits and conversions, for both HOn3 and HOn30, encompassing locos, passenger, and freight
      cars, plus cabs and loco fittings, and car interiors! The Quality is First Rate, and Prices are very reasonable,
      and I`d personaly recomend them, as I`ve purchased many myself.  Yes I know they are Kits(shock, Horror!), but then they Are at inexpensive KIT prices. Kind Regards John.therailtoad.
    • JC
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 14, 2013
        Thanks

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Oct 14, 2013, at 4:39 AM, AHDB <trempaulista@...> wrote:

        great job
        congratulations

        De: jc <zul36@...>
        Para: HOn3@yahoogroups.com
        Enviadas: Sábado, 12 de Outubro de 2013 18:04
        Assunto: [HOn3] K-27 Backdate

        Hi guys, I just posted some new photo’s of my Blackstone K-27 backdate.  I finally have the smoke box front on, and it’s class lamps.  This has been a very slow process and much more challenging than the C-19.  I’m hoping to finish it before the end of the year.

        jc