Re: [HOn3] Re: K-36 Nickname....They were "Baby Grandes"

  • roger eyrich
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 31, 2013
      No wonder the name didn't stick. Baby Grande sounds more like a
      half-sandwich on the menu of a Farmington cafe than a beefy narrow gauge
      Mike.
      Roger

      The D&RGW first used the name "Baby Grande" to refer to the K-36s in
      their press releases and in the "Scenic Line" employees magazine in 1926.

      Jerry Day
    • Robert
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 3, 2013
        Ed, Thank you very much for this most interesting account. It's all too easy for these important facts to get lost. Good thing somebody asked you! I'll appreciate these K-36 engines all the more, including those who managed to tide them over the leanest period.

        Thanks again, and greetings from Switzerland,

        Robert