Re: 33rd NNGC App for the iPhone

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2013
      Hi Russ

      The NNGC app is only coded for Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch).

      Sorry, it will not work on an Android phone.

      Jim

      > Does the app work on phones other than Apple?
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2013
        Update.

        I forgot to mention that the NNGC app requires iOS version 6.1 or higher. If you don't have that version then it will ask you to upgrade (which is free).

        Layouts now show individual layout tour time schedules. To see these updates in the app, please perform a "Data Refresh".

        So far there have been 27 downloads spanning the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Great Britain, USA.

        Thanks!

        Jim Schulz
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 16, 2013
          Hi Everyone

          The NNGC App schedule has been updated to show the date and time for the Closing Ceremonies, Awards and Reception.

          For those of you that have the app, please perform a Data Refresh to see the update.

          The convention is only 11 days away!

          Thanks!

          Jim Schulz
        • Jim
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 17, 2013
            Hi Everyone

            There 2 updates to the Convention Clinic Room Schedule. The NNGC App has been updated to reflect this change.

            Change: Clinic room change for August 28th only. The San Diego room is replaced with Trevo's Restaurant.

            For those of you that have the app, please perform a Data Refresh to see this clinic update.

            The convention is only 10 days away!

            Thanks!

            Jim Schulz
          • Jim
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 22, 2013
              Hi Everyone

              There are 3 updates to the Convention. The NNGC App has been
              updated to reflect these changes.

              Changes:

              Layout Tours: The following 2 layouts are cancelled.

              1. Gary Siegel's - L&N, HO / Southern Pacific Santa Cruz Division, G

              2. North County Model Railroad Society, HO

              Schedule Change:

              The Fillmore & Western Railway trip meets at 9:30 AM instead of 10:00 AM,
              Wednesday morning.

              For those of you that have the app, please perform a Data Refresh to see these
              updates.

              The convention is only 5 days away!

              Thanks!

              Jim Schulz

              --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jim@...> wrote:

              > Hi Everyone
              > For those of you who have an iPhone, or iPad, or iPod Touch, I created a
              > free reference app specifically for the 33rd National Narrow Gauge
              > Convention. It was released yesterday and is now available on the
              > iTunes App Store. I was initially writing this app just for my personal
              > use while at the convention but then figured that others may find this
              > useful.
              > It combines the data found on the 33rd NNGC website with the
              > conveniences integrated with an iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Things
              > like sorting, Clinics, Layout Tours GPS navigation, calendar reminders,
              > Vendors, etc.
              > You can read the documentation about this free app here:
              > http://jimvision.com/nngc/nngc.html
              > <http://jimvision.com/nngc/nngc.html>
              > You can download it directly from the iTunes app store here:
              > https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=68001\
              > 8866&mt=8
              > <https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=6800\
              > 18866&mt=8>
              > Hope you find this useful.
              > See you in Pasadena!
              > Jim SchulzColorado Springs, CO
              > PS... many thanks to the organizers of the 33rd National Narrow Gauge
              > Convention. Their help made this app possible!

            • Jim
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
                Hi Everyone

                A wealth of information has been added to the Schedule section (Modular Layouts,
                Contests, header additions, room information, Trip Tour end-time updates). The
                NNGC App has been updated to reflect these changes.

                For those of you that have the app, please perform a Data Refresh to see these
                updates.

                The convention is only 4 days away!

                Thanks!

                Jim Schulz
              • Jim
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 24, 2013
                  Hi Everyone

                  All data has been verified between the NNGC website and the NNGC app. Several updates made. The NNGC App has been updated to reflect these changes.

                  Changes:

                  Vendor list updated.

                  Contest Caboose entry description updated.

                  For those of you that have the app, please perform a Data Refresh to see these
                  updates.

                  The convention is only 3 days away!

                  Thanks!

                  Jim Schulz