Re: K-36 Nickname

  • GP
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 29, 2013
      I've always seen the term "Workhorses" associated with the K36 because of its size and power.

      The K36 is too big for my railroad, but it will be nice to see the new product.

      GPatton

      > The K-27s were known as "mudhens" and the K-28s were known as "sport models." The D&RGW tried to give the K-36s a name,
    • Robert
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 3, 2013
        Ed, Thank you very much for this most interesting account. It's all too easy for these important facts to get lost. Good thing somebody asked you! I'll appreciate these K-36 engines all the more, including those who managed to tide them over the leanest period.

        Thanks again, and greetings from Switzerland,

        Robert