Re: [HOn3] Blackstone K-28 & K-36

  • David Schurhammer
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 27 1:08 PM
      When you have high quality,well engineered die cast/plastic coming
      out of China as Blackstone has done it has taken control of the market
      as far as operators choice,there will always be a collector market for
      high quality hand made brass loco,it's just going to be a lot smaller
      and that does effect the price. Smaller market,smaller demand,lower
      price's paid for those items.
      Dave

      Dave Schurhammer
      Rocky Mountain Trains
      http://www.rockymountaintrains.biz
      dschurhammer@...
    • David
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 27 5:32 PM
        All,

        maybe im wrong...

        but with a release in 2014 one would assume there are some test models floating around somewhere!?! :)

        Dave
      • vulturenest1
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 27 5:34 PM

        • Jerry Day
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 28 12:49 PM
            --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "David" <ohio_narrow_minded@...> wrote:

            > All,
            >
            > maybe im wrong...
            >
            > but with a release in 2014 one would assume there are some test models floating around somewhere!?! :)
            >
            > Dave

            Most likely somewhere in this neighborhood...

            210 Rock Point Drive, Durango, Colorado 81301

            Jerry Day
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 28 1:42 PM
              Maybe.  If the release is very early 2014, pre-production models may have already been delivered.  If late 2014, then maybe not.  Blackstone keeps this info close to their vest, so people won't overly-speculate then criticize if the delivery date doesn't make their perceived expectations.

              Mike Conder

              >________________________________

            • Jerry Day
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 28 3:05 PM
                > Blackstone Models is excited to announce the production of K-28 and K-36 Locomotives in 2014. Stay tuned for details!"

                Preview of the Blackstone K-36 (NOT).

                I am sure they will look like this.

                Jerry Day
              • Hart Corbett
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 28 4:39 PM
                  As a size comparison, here's a photo I shot of K-27 463 and K-36 487 double heading near Lobato Trestle in August 1999. Most of you probably are aware of the size difference but I thought I'd post this photo, FWIW.

                  If the above link doesn't work, try this one:

                  With best regards, Hart
                • Robert
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 29 1:03 PM
                    :-))