Re: [HOn3] Blackstone K-28 & K-36

  • Ivan Abrams
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 26, 2013
      The announcement appears on Blackstone's website, as well.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jul 26, 2013, at 4:32 PM, Joe Reckner <jreckner@...> wrote:

      > Coming in 2014, according to a SoundTraxx email I just received that stated:
      >
      > *"Special Announcement: K-28 and K-36 Locomotives Coming in 2014!*
    • David Schurhammer
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 26, 2013
        Price of brass models of these two classes are now worth $100 to $200
        less than they were yesterday before this announcement,as with what
        happened with the K-27 & C-19 models.
        Dave

        Dave Schurhammer
        Rocky Mountain Trains
        http://www.rockymountaintrains.biz
        dschurhammer@...
      • Craig Palmer KF5JYZ
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 26, 2013
          indeed that’s what is said on the web page,darn.with zero space for my chili line.

          Craig
        • Craig
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 27, 2013
            Can't WAIT for both of these engines. I agree with what was said before too...going to have to start saving my pennies :)

            > indeed that’s what is said on the web page,darn.with zero space for my chili line.
            >
            > Craig
          • David
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 27, 2013
              All,

              I too am very excited about this!

              I had left model railroading and with this announcement I am excited to return to the hobby!!!

              I am very curious to see what the price point will be with these engines!

              Dave
            • Greg Davis
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 27, 2013
                Agreed Dave but it is worth taking the hit to have high quality units with sound readily available. I'm not a collector and have brass only by necessity.
                Now who needs a couple of Westside\Nakamura K-36s :-)

                Greg Davis
                St Petersburg, FL

                On Jul 26, 2013, at 8:40 PM, David Schurhammer wrote:

                > Price of brass models of these two classes are now worth $100 to $200
                > less
              • David Barron
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 27, 2013
                  Well the brass does make nice brass art on a shelf or in a case. I figure
                  that my investment of about 60K in brass will pay off some day as brass
                  becomes more and more scarce and desirable like any art.
                  DAve

                  Agreed Dave but it is worth taking the hit to have high quality units with
                  sound readily available. I'm not a collector and have brass only by
                  necessity.
                  Now who needs a couple of Westside\Nakamura K-36s :-)

                  Greg Davis
                  St Petersburg, FL

                  > Price of brass models of these two classes are now worth $100 to $200
                  > less
                • David Schurhammer
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 27, 2013
                    When you have high quality,well engineered die cast/plastic coming
                    out of China as Blackstone has done it has taken control of the market
                    as far as operators choice,there will always be a collector market for
                    high quality hand made brass loco,it's just going to be a lot smaller
                    and that does effect the price. Smaller market,smaller demand,lower
                    price's paid for those items.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 27, 2013
                      All,

                      maybe im wrong...

                      but with a release in 2014 one would assume there are some test models floating around somewhere!?! :)

                      Dave
                    • vulturenest1
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 27, 2013

                      • Jerry Day
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 28, 2013
                          --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "David" <ohio_narrow_minded@...> wrote:

                          > All,
                          >
                          > maybe im wrong...
                          >
                          > but with a release in 2014 one would assume there are some test models floating around somewhere!?! :)
                          >
                          > Dave

                          Most likely somewhere in this neighborhood...

                          210 Rock Point Drive, Durango, Colorado 81301

                          Jerry Day
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 28, 2013
                            Maybe.  If the release is very early 2014, pre-production models may have already been delivered.  If late 2014, then maybe not.  Blackstone keeps this info close to their vest, so people won't overly-speculate then criticize if the delivery date doesn't make their perceived expectations.

                            Mike Conder

                            >________________________________

                          • Jerry Day
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 28, 2013
                              > Blackstone Models is excited to announce the production of K-28 and K-36 Locomotives in 2014. Stay tuned for details!"

                              Preview of the Blackstone K-36 (NOT).

                              I am sure they will look like this.

                              Jerry Day
                            • Hart Corbett
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 28, 2013
                                As a size comparison, here's a photo I shot of K-27 463 and K-36 487 double heading near Lobato Trestle in August 1999. Most of you probably are aware of the size difference but I thought I'd post this photo, FWIW.

                                If the above link doesn't work, try this one:

                                With best regards, Hart
                              • Robert
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 29, 2013
                                  :-))