Re: [HOn3] Re: Aerial Cumbres & Coltec video

  • brndnmurph
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 22, 2013
      I don't care, It worked in wonderment for me!
      Brendan
    • Hart Corbett
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 23, 2013
        All:

        I agree with most of the comments on this thread, having ridden and photographed the C&TS many times. The video most definitely is not CGI. I've seen far too many GoPro Hero cameras (my brother in law has two) in use, including on the ground, attached to helmets of people riding ATVs on the jeep roads around the West Portal of the Alpine Tunnel, on the helmets and chest protective gear of motorcyclists on jeep roads such as Imogene Pass (13,000 ft) out of Telluride, etc.

        For members of this List who are interested modeling the long defunct DSP&P/C&S narrow gauge of Colorado, here is the link to a GoPro Hero camera aerial video of Como, CO, its restored stone roundhouse, the hotel (now a B&B), the depot on process of being restored, and railroad related stone foundations in the roundhouse area. The camera was mounted on a two rotor radio controlled miniature helicopter (the two rotors can be seen in the upper left and right corners of the video). The video lasts 6 minutes, 36 seconds and was taken in the Summer of 2012.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_E3_aUFrWA

        I have visited Como many times, starting in April 1962 when Bob Richardson of the Colo. RR Museum first told me how to get to the place. This aerial video showed me all sorts of things which I had missed when I was walking the area over the years, as well as just how it all fits together. Something like this is of great value to both modelers and railroad historians.

        With best regards, Hart
      • David
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 26, 2013
          All,

          this is a great video!

          i've had my dji phantom outfitted with a gopro 3 for awhile now and test flying it around my house in ohio. im getting ready to take it up to Huckleberry RR to chase 464!

          love it!

          Dave