Re: [HOn3] Re: Paul at Mudhen?

  • Ivan Abrams
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 13, 2013
      The internet has made it all too easy to criticize and publish before having the relevant facts in hand. I'm sure that no one on this list would want to cause harm to the business of one of our valuable suppliers. However, when we send out an SOS prior to calling the guy in the phone, or writing a letter, or even waiting a short time for a response to an email, we can start a chain reaction of rumor and speculation that is highly destructive and generally unnecessary.

      Ivan Abrams
    • brndnmurph
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 13, 2013
        Russ,
        This is indeed discordant news to hear?
        Without Dave Hoffman, how may the 'artistry' be continued?..It's a labor of love with a 'driving' force in all continuance as allowed by 'interests'??
        Brendan murphy
      • Frederick Voelcker
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 13, 2013
          Joe,

          Can you send me a photo of this please?

          Fred

          > Nice runner, needs cosmetic repair. no box $195 includes shipping to the
          > Joe Hanak
        • Joe Hanak
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 13, 2013
            The shay has been sold. Thank you.
          • Jim Kueneman
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 14, 2013
              There was no criticizing going on. I have given thousands of dollars to Paul over the years. There have just been times where he sometimes get quiet due to various reasons, one of which health. My question was more is he okay but just had other things on his plate right now.

              Jim

              --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, Ivan Abrams <iabrams3985@...> wrote:

              > The internet has made it all too easy to criticize and publish before having the relevant facts in hand. I'm sure that no one on this list would want to cause harm to the business of one of our valuable suppliers. However, when we send out an SOS prior to calling the guy in the phone, or writing a letter, or even waiting a short time for a response to an email, we can start a chain reaction of rumor and speculation that is highly destructive and generally unnecessary.
              >
              > Ivan Abrams

            • David Barron
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 14, 2013
                Jim and others with inquiring minds.
                Although we now live in an instant gratification society where we all like
                to know everything that is going on in each of our friends lives, ie:
                Facebook and others, there are a few of us still out there that don't feel
                it is everybody's business to know everything about our personal lives. If
                we happen to be a cottage industry, a reseller, distributor, or just a model
                railroad cluck, then so be it. If that person wants to post about his life
                struggles, pains, family dealings, let them do it if they want to and we
                don't need to know what's on their plate now or even later unless they want
                to tell us. Ask yourself, do you want to post your life on the open forum
                so that everyone in the world knows what you are doing, where you are going,
                how you feel, and what you have? Somehow I doubt it, and that may very
                well be the feeling that Paul has about his life. We need to take a step
                back and reevaluate our impatience. Just because we "spend thousands of
                dollars" with anyone does not mean we own the right to their lives to the
                point we need to know when they are getting something we ordered, when it
                will be sent, and all that. I am sure that Paul will let you know directly,
                not on any forum, when your order is in, when it will be sent, and if
                payment has been received, when he has the time to do it. If you want
                something that badly that you feel the need to ask in open forum about
                another person or show undue concern about them, then perhaps it is time to
                shop at places like Caboose Hobbies or other retail stores that have
                whatever "now".
                In conclusion my fellow model railroaders, have patience and believe in the
                fact Paul is a very honest and straight up person who will deal with his
                own life problems, if indeed he has any, in his own private way and he will
                deal with us as he always has with pride, dignity, and honor.
                David Barron
                MMR#200

                There was no criticizing going on. I have given thousands of dollars to
                Paul over the years. There have just been times where he sometimes get
                quiet due to various reasons, one of which health. My question was more is
                he okay but just had other things on his plate right now.

                Jim

                > The internet has made it all too easy to criticize and publish before
                having the relevant facts in hand. I'm sure that no one on this list would
                want to cause harm to the business of one of our valuable suppliers.
                However, when we send out an SOS prior to calling the guy in the phone, or
                writing a letter, or even waiting a short time for a response to an email,
                we can start a chain reaction of rumor and speculation that is highly
                destructive and generally unnecessary.

                > Ivan Abrams
              • ROSS
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 16, 2013
                  Update,

                  I spoke with Paul yesterday, Like a lot of us his day job has him working some crazy hours to finish a project. He said it should be wrapped up in a few more days at which point he can work on getting caught up.

                  I am really looking forward to receiving my Russian Iron C-19 and running her around the layout!

                  Ross