Re: Kitbashing the Blackstone C19

  • robert.meckley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2013
      Thanks for the info. I tried prying off the smoke box as is usually the case but hit a snag when it now appears the headlight platform was attached after the smokebox was installed and painted. This let some glue seal the smokebox to the boiler. It finally pulled free with a single edge razor and small screw driver. Just received my unlettered C19 yesterday and now its in totally apart. I'll swap for the metal cab on my 2011 version, and except for the headlight, have a credible 341.

      Bob Meckley
    • ROSS
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2013
        Z,

        Can't wait to "Read all about it!" in the Annual. It really turned out fantastic!

        Ross

        --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, HOn3-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > From: JC <zul36@...>
        > return it to a diamond stacker. My rebuild is going to be in the hon3 annual.

      • JC
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2013
          Well it's all up to major Mike....He was in charge of writing the article....I'm kind of looking forward to read about what I did too....lol
          jc

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jun 29, 2013, at 1:14 PM, "ROSS" <ross.ames@...> wrote:

          > Z,
          >
          > Can't wait to "Read all about it!" in the Annual. It really turned out fantastic!
          >
          > Ross
          >
          > --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, HOn3-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          >>
          >> From: JC <zul36@...>
          >> return it to a diamond stacker. My rebuild is going to be in the hon3 annual.

        • vulturenest1
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 29, 2013