Re: HOn3 track cleaning cars

  • Sam Urrate
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2013
      Centerline brass roller cleaner for HO. They sell a coupler mod to make it work on HOn3. It works great.

      Sam Urrate

      --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, John Stutz <John.C.Stutz@...> wrote:

      > John
      >
      > Any chance of your selling an Aztec HOn3 cleaning module as a separate item? Or
      > as a bare car module like your TS1160 Trolley Train? There are still some of us
      > who don't model Colorado prototype NG, for whom your currently available HOn3
      > D&RGW boxcar or C&S reefer conversions are not suitable. My ideal would be a
      > bare module supplied with inner load bearing floor plates that can be cut to
      > length and drilled for truck and coupler mounting. The floor plates version
      > facilitates adaption to styrene and wooden models. If the overall width can be
      > kept to 7', one of these could be fitted into almost any 3' gauge prototype
      > house car without noticeably fudging the width.
      >
      > John Stutz
      >
      > On 06/13/2013 05:35 AM, John wrote: (regarding an Aztec conversion of a
      > Blackstone box car to a track cleaning car)
      > >
      > > Here is a link to the prototype.
      > >
      > > http://s800.photobucket.com/user/trainman_photos/media/DSCN2872.jpg.html
      > >
      > > John Claudino
      > > aztectrains.com

    • Tranz4mr
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19, 2013
        I built a HOn3 Track Cleaning car from a CMX N gauge Track Cleaner.
        I purchased a CMX N car at the local hobby shop and had it converted
        to HOn3 in a couple hours. I used trucks and couplers off a Micro Trains box car that
        I was planning to upgrade to Kadee anyway.
        I fill it with Isopropyl alcohol and pull it around. It works great!

        More info in the thread at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HOn3/message/79930

        Photos and instructions at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HOn3/files/
        Then scroll down to file

        CMX Conversion From N to HOn3MSW.pdf

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2013
          Did the exact same thing and I'll second that.