C-16 brass re-motor

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2013
      Greetings.

      I would like to re-motor a Westside brass C-16 and am having trouble finding a small motor which is quiet. I have tried a suitably sized one from NWSL but although the size is perfect it is quite noisy and this will be very obvious when the loco is running.

      Can someone please recommend some sources for such a motor?

      With thanks,
      Peter
    • Frederick Voelcker
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2013
        IIRC, the LocoDoc published a listing of replacement motors on his Web Site.

        Fred
      • Bruce Dunlevy
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28, 2013
          Peter,

          Iwould recommend the conversion kit from Roundbell. See:

          http://www.roundbell.com/hon3conversions.html

          I have purchased a kit, but I have not installed it yet.

          Bruce Dunlevy

        • Richard Johnson
          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2013
            Locodoc at the Salida Roundhouse has westside c-16 kits. I have put one in and they are amazing. Made to fit right in the model, and quiet.

            Rich Johnson

            www.RichardSJohnson.net

            "Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."

            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms´┐Ż"
            Thomas Jefferson

            To: HOn3@yahoogroups.com