Re: Testors Paints, Alternatives

  • ablecynic
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2013
      John,

      Excellent list. Thanks for posting it. I had no idea that Scalecoat was still in production and that there were other alternatives.

      Matt Coleman

      --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, JOHN SPRATLEY <john.therailtoad@...> wrote:

      > Here are some alternatives to Floquil and Poly Scale paints. If you are aware of others, please let us know + list them.
      >
      > Badger Model-Flex Paints
      > http://www.badgerairbrush.com/
      >
      > Scalecoat Paint
      > http://www.weavermodels.com/page7.html
      >
      > Star Brand Paint
      > http://www.p-b-l.com/
      > (View their on-line catalog and look for Category #22 â€" Paints/Cement
      >
      > Tamiya
      > http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/paints-finishes-60
      >
      > Tru-Color Paint
      > http://www.trucolorpaint.com/index.php?p=1_2_Paint-Products
      >
      > Vallejo Acrylics
      > http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/en_US/model-paints/division/3
      >
      > John.therailtoad.

    • Ed Anderson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2013
        Guys,
        I can't say enough about Vallejo paint!

        I hand brushed the roof of my C-19 with this paint and it looks airbrushed!!

        Yes I am a big fan of airbrushing---but didn't need to with this paint.

        Andy

        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2013
          For the artist's end of the acrylic paints spectrum, the following pages on one
          of the principal artist products retailer's web site may be useful:

          http://www.dickblick.com/categories/acrylics/
          http://www.dickblick.com/airbrush/colors/
          http://www.dickblick.com/categories/inks/drawinginks/details/
          http://www.dickblick.com/categories/varnishes/

          The first has a FAQ at the bottom, and links to a couple dozen videos. Most of
          the videos seem to be single product sales infomercials, but some may be
          informative, and there is one on 'Color Mixing Tips & Techniques' that I
          certainly need to view.