Re: 24" spoke wheels ?

  • Benjamin Scanlon
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2013
      --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, <davidry@...> wrote:

      > > You could call NWSL and see what there source was. I don't think they made them in house.
      > > Bill Shiverdecker
      >
      > Actually, we do/did make them in house. The problem for us is that the
      > aluminum insert molds we got from Seattle were tired when we got them,
      > and after several more years in MT they're past their working life and
      > need to be replaced. No ETA; new tooling remains elusive in this
      > economy.
      >
      > Dave Rygmyr
      > NorthWest Short Line (www.nwsl.com)

      Hullo Dave, thanks for the confirmation.

      I am not sure whether they were a big mover for NWSL but somehow I doubt it. If they were, you might ask the SEM guy in Australia how he does his, he makes something rather similar at 26".

      Still it is a pity as they were the only 24" wheel in existence that might look plausible under a 'regular' railway wagon.

      If anyone has a few pair they do not want, by all means contact me.

      Best regards,

      Ben