Re: Atlas N scale 4-4-0

  • 23weldon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2013
      Here's a site with some "inside" information on the N scale Atlas 4-4-0:
      http://www.spookshow.net/loco/atlas440.html
      Looks promising for an HOn30 kitbash.
      I wonder if there is enough there to build a Forney around with a direct connected small can motor. Certainly won't be for the faint at heart or particularly suitable for Barry to design a Forney product around.
      But a 4-4-0 in HOn30? Looks very promising.
      I'm also wondering about widening the wheelbase for HOn3. Depends on how the stub axles in each driver are designed. If they are straight cylindrical pins of a common metric size that'll help a lot.
      Ed Weldon