Re: [HOn3] Steam Dummys on display

  • roundbellrr
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2013
      There is a Baldwin steam dummy of the 1880's from the Havana Street Ry.
      (Compania F. C. Urbano Y Omnibus) on display at Central (sugar mill) George
      Washington in Cuba. It has very strange steam cylinders with the steam chest
      covers split from the steam chest top inner back corner to the bottom outer
      front corner. The loco no longer has its boxy body but most of the boiler
      is covered by what appears to be a Rogers Locomotive Co. cab from a road
      locomotive with a small tender tank on the rear of the frame. It has been
      stored at the mill since the 1980's and is now on display.
      There is also a Baldwin steam dummy on display at Mammoth Caves
      National Park in Kentucky. It also has very strange cylinders and Eames vacuum
      brakes. LocoDoc

      In a message dated 5/10/2013 1:15:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      climax@... writes:

      There is the old steam powered "Steam dummy" and trailers, basically a
      0-4-0
      for city use that had sharp radius turns and was used on street car tracks.
      It was made by Ken Kidder and you see them once in a while on Ebay.
      Dave Hoffman is a little slow getting things out.
      Dave