3D Printing - NEVER say "never"

  • Richard Brennan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 10:19 AM
      "NEVER say "never" !!!" Modeling technology marches ever onward:

      This is the first 3D printer I've come across showing micron (that's
      0.001 mm !!! ) resolution...
      <http://www.nanoscribe.de/en/applications/3d-micro-rapid-prototyping>http://www.nanoscribe.de/en/applications/3d-micro-rapid-prototyping

      I'm sure the technology cost is high today...
      but I would bet that this type of resolution will become available to
      modelers from a 3D printing service at sometime in the not-so-distant future.

      Now we just need access to a "library" of royalty-free .stl files for
      various railroad components...
      and the rivet-counters can graduate to a discussion of whether the
      prototype used "fine" or "coarse" threads.

      Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA