Re: BS C-19 running issues

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 43 , May 6, 2013
      I too noticed this not just on the C-19 but on the caboose and passenger car car trucks. The contact on those fairly broad finger-like contact strips is critical between them allowing free rotation and good contact as opposed to a brake to stop all rotation. It should not be a question of weight but of adjustment. I am thinking about replacing the contact finger with something like ten thou phosphor bronze wire which should offer less resistance to rotation.

      Mark K

      > I noticed last night that just the rear most tender axle (not the entire truck) was not turning even though it was contacting the rail.
    • Robert
      Message 43 of 43 , May 22, 2013
        That's the way I see it too.

        I should add to this that I have run multi-engine analog trains for years on my HO layout, without any problems. I don't see why this should not work in HOn3 as well. The only thing to do is to cover up those headlights. So I tend to keep the multi-engine consists with the same head engine.

        And finally, while sound can be cool for a while, it tends to become annoying in the long run. Particularly since the tiny loudspeakers are no substitute for the real thing.

        But to each his/her own, of course.

        Robert