Silverton RR Red Mountain (D&RG #200)

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2013
      I am building the Silverton RR car Red Mountain.

      http://cdm16079.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15330coll21/id/7096/rec/11

      I am corn fuzzled by three extra small vents on the top of the car.

      I know what the stove pipe looks like, I know what he lamp vents look like… there are three smaller vents on the right hand side of the car top, two fairly easy to see, the one at the rear is there but not so easy to see… I first thought stink pipes, but the toilets were all just simple hoppers right? And 3? Ladies, Gents, Trainmen….? Surely not. Maybe one…

      Then I thought maybe the water coolers? Would they have air over water in a simple water cooler? Was there a wash basin? Again, 3?

      After a comment from Chris Lane I am thinking since the roof is pre-clerestory maybe simply roof vents… tops of windows didn't open, so a place for bad air, smoke, etc. to escape.

      Ideas?

      Todd