CHAMA-surrounding scenery colors

  • 23weldon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 8:18 AM
      Hart - Thanks for the link to the John West photos. I've been to his website before so couldn't help but look further into his photos on that particular page. One thing that struck me as I went through there were the images of the scenery around the main loco subjects and their value as references for layout scenery, especially the colors in the areas around Chama.
      One in particular:
      http://www.lifewastedchasingtrains.com/main.php?g2_itemId=21911
      One way to tell if color photos have the right amount of saturation and colors to represent the real thing is to look at the sky near the horizon. Most of these images are excellent in that respect.
      Nowadays it's way to easy to change saturation, contrast and RGB color proportions with simple image editors. So you never know when a photo posted on the internet is an accurate reference source for colors.
      Ed Weldon

      Can't help you on your question but here's a link to a very good John West photo of the prototype Chama Oil Dock in July 1963, in case you don't find a Sequoia kit:
      http://www.lifewastedchasingtrains.com/main.php?g2_itemId=21917
      With best regards, Hart