Re: Blackstone engines

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 61 , Apr 4, 2013
      I think we all know what loco BS will/wants to do next, we just may have to wait awhile for it.

      Personally I can see at least two more runs of C-19s. They did 3 runs of the k-27s and could still do more. Slide valve version?
      Here is how I see it they have not done a 340 and those of us who work on and love 340 want to have a model of her.(They can do two lettering versions.) They have not done a C&S version with the Ridgway spark arrestor. This time around they are re-running some from the first run with the flared tender and a for the first time some with the straight side tender.(IE RGS 41) Next run could be more of the straight side tender versions, including a later style RGS 41 with the snow plow and Sunrise on the tender.

      Additionally BS could branch out into the non loco and rolling stock market. This is already happening with there new snap track. Who knows this may bloom into more track and trackside accessories. IE stations, water towers, bridges ect.

      As for future loco's There is pretty much nothing they can build that has not already been done in brass. I agree that most likely it will be more CO related equipment. But I would love to see more generic steam, 2-6-0s 4-6-0s inside frame 2-8-2s.
      My fantasy railroad needs motive power.
    • David
      Message 61 of 61 , Apr 10, 2013
        Thanks to all those who responded with my questions about "tender tipping". The ideas will be useful.

        David in Victoria, BC