Re: [HOn3] Re: Blackstone engines

  • kjb80401
    Message 1 of 61 , Apr 3 4:19 PM
      For Blackstone, 10,000 units is the minimum they have to order.

      Keevan

      In a message dated 4/3/2013 5:16:55 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
      dougcummings@... writes:

      They have to make hundreds, if not thousands, of models in composite to
      break even. You can do brass models and break even with much lower runs.
      But
      the brass models will cost much more than the composite ones. So any
      manufacturer has to be realistic, and we the buyers have to be realistic as
      well. There is lots of stuff we would all like to see, but the chances are
      slim we ever will.

      Doug

    • David
      Message 61 of 61 , Apr 10 8:38 AM
        Thanks to all those who responded with my questions about "tender tipping". The ideas will be useful.

        David in Victoria, BC