Re: [HOn3] Re: drop bottom gondola

  • Rick Blanchard
    Message 1 of 56 , Mar 19, 2013
      Yeah, the old design only lasted 90 years or so without incident.
      Thanks to the usual idiots for the "approved" design.

      Rick

      At 07:15 AM, 3/19/2013, you wrote:

      >Howdy folks,
      >
      >While researching the ash pit for an idea I had a while back to
      >market a Chama ash pit kit I was informed by the folks at the C&T
      >that the new pit had to be approved by the US Forest Service for
      >fire prevention purposes. So much for historical preservation...
      >
      >Dan Peterson
      >San Juan Decals
      >952-8914162
      >www.sanjuandecals.com
      >
      > > Just posted two photos of the Chama ashpit, one taken in 1972 and
      > the other in 1997. This is the original D&RGW pit and not the
      > non-historic thing they have now.
      > > Jerry Day

    • Rick Blanchard
      Message 56 of 56 , Mar 20, 2013
        I have more photos of the ash pit at Chama before it got
        'modernized', but I vaguely recall that the previous one was also an
        upgrade from years before. My photos are from 2000+ something and I'd
        have to dig around to find them. I'll look if there are modelers that
        need some shots of it empty and some with a loco on it.

        Rick